Thread: Getting a new MacBook

Thanks

Getting a new MacBook

Sign in to disable this ad
    Iím not just getting started with beats but have never been good with computers so thought I should post here Haha. Iím looking to upgrade my MacBook situation soon. Right now Iíve got a mid 2010, 2.66 ghz intel core 2 duo processor, 4gb ram, 320 gb storage. Iíve used it for the past 5 years and itís done pretty good for me for thre most part. I really only use machine and track out in logic. I tried researching and Iím while looking at certain available macs I have trouble deciding which specs are more important. Iím not great with computers really, I started with just an MPC. Another thing I think is Idk how Iíd use all my audio files and samples (some that Iíve recorded into machine arenít named unfortunately and are .snd files I think) Sorta lost here lol Iím out of storage so I was thinking that one with 500 gb of storage at least would be good for me. If anyoneís got some good information or a starting point thatíd be awesome
    Thanks 🍻
    Last edited by AlecFerguson1; 01-03-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks
    I know programmers who love using macs. Some image line guys & Reason developers use those.
    I just took the simple route with a dualboot Linux/W10 setup since I saw something in ubuntu.

Macbooks range from 300$ to 40k so choose what works best for your workflow.
    Producer since 2010.
    Tecmo, Ubisoft, Bandai, Marvel, Arc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecFerguson1 View Post
    I’m not just getting started with beats but have never been good with computers so thought I should post here Haha. I’m looking to upgrade my MacBook situation soon. Right now I’ve got a mid 2010, 2.66 ghz intel core 2 duo processor, 4gb ram, 320 gb storage. I’ve used it for the past 5 years and it’s done pretty good for me for thre most part. I really only use machine and track out in logic. I tried researching and I’m while looking at certain available macs I have trouble deciding which specs are more important. I’m not great with computers really, I started with just an MPC. Another thing I think is Idk how I’d use all my audio files and samples (some that I’ve recorded into machine aren’t named unfortunately and are .snd files I think) Sorta lost here lol I’m out of storage so I was thinking that one with 500 gb of storage at least would be good for me. If anyone’s got some good information or a starting point that’d be awesome
    Thanks 
    Processor speed ram are most important. The more RAM the better, however your processor should not be throttled. Laptop makers do this in order to increase the battery of their machine, which also sacrifices the computers speed, forcing your DAW to glitch out.

Brought to you by IndieHost

Thanks
    Awesome man thanks, as for as the storage goes I see a lot of macs with 128gb of storage space which doesnít seem like a lot considering Iíve maxed out my 320. What do you do? Or is it not much of problem for you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlecFerguson1 View Post
    Awesome man thanks, as for as the storage goes I see a lot of macs with 128gb of storage space which doesn’t seem like a lot considering I’ve maxed out my 320. What do you do? Or is it not much of problem for you
    To save on hard drive space, load all of your software and sounds on the macbook HD. Your session files and the associated audio files should be saved on an external hard drive.

Brought to you by IndieHost

Thanks
    500 gb for large work.
    1TB for ginormous work.
    128gb for a bunch of Radio ready stuff.
    Producer since 2010.
    Tecmo, Ubisoft, Bandai, Marvel, Arc.

Thread Information