Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 audio interface not working.. Help..?

TonE0927

So as the thread is named, I have this specific audio interface and can't seem to get it to work.. I got it from a buddy who says it works perfectly good yet when I plug I into my computer I get a pop up that days "USB port power surge" and I can't get any audio through the speakers.. Everything turns on and what not but the firewire light isn't on although I have everything hooked up right.. I have a feeling it could be either two things.. One, I have to find the software cd and install it in order for it to work properly kind of like a wifi adapter or something.. Or it could that my computer is just really old and can't handle the power it needs in order to work.. Mind you the computer I have is pretty old at that.. Not too old but old enough to where I doubt it has the processing power to run it.. Anybody got any help or advice for me to get it to work somehow?? My bet is that I'd prolly just have to buy a lil cheap one for the time being.. But any help or knowledge would be appreciated none the less.. Thanks..!

How exactly do you have things hooked up? On the Pro 40, in addition to the power light, you should also get both the "FW Active" and "Locked" lights when everything's running ok.

Anyway, there's an OS checker on Focusrite's site from which you can see whether or not it's supported by whatever OS you're using. Also make sure to download the latest driver package from there (no need for CDs).

Back