digi 002 rack and control surface

P

phatkat

im thinking about getting the digi 002 rack . my question is since its an audio interface controller would their be any conflict or compatibility issues if i get a control surface like the tascam us 2400?ive searched the sites and read the reviews and descriptions and it didnt mention anything.i just figure that id be better off springin an extra 200 bucks for an 002 rack with the tascam us 2400 control surface than buying the 002 console? does this make sense?and just for the record i went down to my local music store and felt like i knew more than the people there, guy didnt even know the tascam was coming out jesus christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on how many features digidesign has helped tascam to implement. I have a mackie universal which I use with my 002 and some things aren't supported. I like the combo so for me the features are minor (like it doesn't recognize the master fader in PT as the master fader)

i can deal without the master fadernot a big issue im realy needing mute, solo,channel faders and transport functions, as long as those work im good,i just realy want to do my automations live, it sucks muting soloing and breaking tracks down simultaneously with a mouse not posibble for me, especialy when im using reason,thats why when i post my tracks up they sound repetitive cause i cant get them to mute when i want them,i mean i could just cut out the tracks individualy to make it like break downs and build ups but its very tedious work ,then it sucks if someone wants rhyme on them and they want it broke down differently then ihave to reconstruct the whole track to then break it down to par again,sorry for the rambling back to the issue, so do the functions im needing work with the mackie for you, that was one of my choices til i seen the tascam us 2400,that **** is serious

I got the mackie for the same reasons and it'll work for you, but did you know that digi is also coming out with a midi control surface?

you talking about the new version of the procontrol?if you are i was reading youcan use it on any protools rig except for the 002 rack!!the only reason i figure they would do that is to make people spring for the 002 console, and if it is the new procontrol that thing is expensive!!!!!!!!!not to mention the fader packs you have to buy to expand the us 2400 has 24 channels and goes for 1500, procontrol i think is like4000
no doubt i rather have the digi but i dont think id be missing to much by getting the tascam except like 2 to 3 grand lol, if there another surface from digi let me know, come to think of it i think i seen someone post it up is it a blue console?if you got a link to it let me get so i can check it out

this is what I was talking about

comma.jpg

its gonna be about 1200

Last edited:
nice looking,is it the same as the 002 console just without the line ins and such, i still think im gonna go with the tascam,200 bucks more for an extra 16 channels not bad, have you seen the tascam?

Back