is this desktop suitable?

F

fraq

Hi y'all
alright, I've decided AGAINST a laptop for reasons of economy and upgrade-ability. So I plan to buy a desktop in the next week or so...........
Now, not being very technical, I thought I may buy a Dell system then just add a couple of things myself.
I'm pretty happy with the general spec of this model ( P4 2.53, 6x usb2 ports, 256 ram - I'll add another 256 myself, and I'll add a second 80 Gb hard drive too).
But I plan to add a M Audio audiophile 24/96 soundcard - how can I tell if it will be "compatable"...........?
And am I missing any obvious problems?
Here's a link;

http://www.ap.dell.com/ap/au/en/bsd/products/model_dimen_3_enau_4550.htm#tabtop

By the way, the price is $1504Australian which seems like a good deal for a "reliable" brand P4 2.53..........................
This deal "expires" May 2nd and already they are offering some not so good deals, so any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.........

P.S. I will probably be running Sonar, and won't be recording more than 1 track of audio at a time.

If you are only running sonar, and doing one track at a time, that machine will be plenty.

And the AudioPhile is basically compatabl with everything. There are drivers for every OS, so I don't see it being a problem. It's a sweet card too.

think you've got a review on every computer ever made

"think you've got a review on every computer ever made"

er, yeah...................3...................

Thanks for your reply, foerster

"think you've got a review on every computer ever made"

I thought it was just me, but I see You never have anything worth while to contribute to anybody's thread.
So do us a favor "Little boy" and go play in some traffic.

Last edited:
JQ Hustla said:

I thought it was just me, but I see You never have anything worth while to contribute to anybody's thread.
So do us a favor "Little boy" and go play in some traffic.

been here for a good minute kid....plus dont be mad cause i ruined ya mpc4000 thread

and?...The only thing changed about me is the name. As far as you ruining a mpc thread you wish I was that petty, If you can't afford it MTFO...B thats, Move The Fuc On...B!tch, the reason I call you B!tch is because you exhibit the traits of a female. I dont care if you been postin for years on this $h!t Next time grown folk Talk Shut You Mouth...................B!tch

JQ Hustla said:
Next time grown folk Talk Shut You Mouth...................B!tch

damn.....comin with big font. and punchlines. and if you're going to try to throw some punches.....at least come correct. "Shut You Mouth".....? hahahahahah oh shit......

Back