That Damn Reggaeton Snare

• Thread starter AnuthaBigRekBanger
  • Start date
A

AnuthaBigRekBanger

Whatup yall, I am new to this forum. (not to producing though) I am usually good at finding whatever sounds I need, and I have my own ever expanding drum kit sets that I always use.

My question is, where in the world do I find that damn big cheap sounding snare drum that is so popular in Reggaeton songs. For example, its used in NORE's joint "Oye mi canto" and Daddy Yankees joint "Gasolina" and 80% of all Reggaeton. Its probably from one of those little Boss drum machines...

Just an FYI, I dont usually produce Reggaeton, (I dont like it that much because its the same drum pattern with a damn arpeggiated riff in the background)I do hip hop, but I am putting together a Reggaeton Remix of one of my songs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and in 5 years of looking on the internet for some info, I am damn surprised that I've never stumbled onto this forum, its about time I found something like this.

Any newbies need any advice, get at me, I've used every piece of hardware gear and know the pro's and con's of all of it.

AnuthaBigRekBanger said:
I've used every piece of hardware gear and know the pro's and con's of all of it.

if that's true you should have no problem making any sound you want. give us a break.

Look-e here chico, I was just trying to be helpful to the newbies of producing.

As far as what I was looking for, I am not looking to MAKE any damn thing, I am looking for a specific SNARE drum sample. VERY SPECIFIC.

Maybe if you knew anything about that kind of music you would understand what the hell I am talking about, 80% of the songs use that SPECIFIC same snare drum.

As far as giving you a break, kiss my ass, I have extensively used just about every synth, drum machine, and workstation that has come out in the last 5 years. I know I've heard that snare sound before, I just cant remember where, thats the ONLY reason I am asking. So maybe someone who does Reggaeton music on the regular could say, "Oh yeah, I use that all the time, theres one on the such and such".

Just like a senior member to come at someone like that... like a punk...

Humility will in life in general, I completely agree.

But not in the rap game...

AnuthaBigRekBanger , holla at me, im outta beantown live in jp, at umass amherst right now, my aim sn is khankussionz, id like to pick ur brain a lil bit

Back