Connecting Studio Monitors To Interface?

ALopes819

Hey guys, I've been having an issue for about 2 days now. I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure this out but I can't :/

My question, I just bought a pair of Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors, it comes with an RCA cable that has a 3.5mm output(I think it's a 3.5mm output), a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable that connects the right speaker to the left speaker and power cord. Now what i'd like to know is how can i connect this to my audio interface ? Would i need to buy another cable in order to connect it to my interface? PLEASE HELP

My Audio Interface(Focusrite Saffire 6 Usb Interface):
focusrite_saffire_6usb.jpg

My Speakers:
121004_alesis_elevate3-01.jpg

There's a diagram that shows where the monitors connect to, it's just that I don't know which cables i'll need, and how to connect it to my interface, RCA to RCA isn't recommended is it ?
1485140pop.jpg

Thank you in advance for helping !

Last edited:
DV016_Jpg_Large_339508_web_comp.jpg?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/american-recorder-technologies-1-4-male-mono-to-rca-female-adapter/339508000081000

How would i use that to connect it to my interface? and where would i connect it on my interface?

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
I seem to be having a problem with getting sound from my speakers when it's connected to my interface. I had an extra RCA to RCA cable lying around the house, and just connected the L/R (White/Red) to the interface, and I wasn't getting any sound. I had the levels adjusted correctly, I plugged it into the outputs 3/4, and even had the 3/4 OP button pressed down, yet no sound. I then removed the RCA to RCA cable, and used the RCA to 3.5mm and plugged it directly into my computer, and it worked. I'm just really confused. I want to use the interface and not directly have it plugged into my computer. :/

Did you make sure your using your interface driver in your daw?

Also if your using windows did you make sure you checked the interface in your sound preferences as default?
You don't have to but if you wanna say play music from the media player, browser etc out your interface to the monitors thats how it works...
Heres a snapshot of mine for example.

yjfm6Ix.png

Last edited:
Did you make sure your using your interface driver in your daw?

Also if your using windows did you make sure you checked the interface in your sound preferences as default?
You don't have to but if you wanna say play music from the media player, browser etc out your interface to the monitors thats how it works...
Heres a snapshot of mine for example.

View attachment 38550

Virtually, everything seems to be set up correctly, cuz i even get output from my headphones when it's in the interface. I think it might have to do with the wiring ? The RCA to RCA cables i had lying around in the house, look different than the ones that came with the speakers. THe ones that came with the speakers, have like 4 gold plated barrier-type things around the end of the cable. The ones i had lying around, were just round and silver. Could that be the problem ?

maybe play with the knobs of the mixer or headphones, if your getting sound from the headphones but not the speakers you might have to adjust that on the front knobs.

Back