Computer/Mixer Question

Mauricej

I'm looking to connect 1 pair of speakers (Event 20/20) to a Yamaha MG10/2 mixing console so I can use these speakers as monitors for 2 different computers (not simultaneously). 1 computer has 1/4" outs via the audio interface & on the other computer I can only output through the 1/ 8" headphone port which is why I figure I can do this with the mixer.
Can anyone suggest how I can go about accomplishing this (what connectors/cables would I need, etc)??.........Thanx~!

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely doable.

Regular 1/4" TRS cables for the other computer, and 1/8" stereo to 2 x RCA or 1/4" for the other. I'd probably use the MG10/2's "stereo" channels (7/8 & 9/10) for the ease of adjusting levels with a single fader.

Are the Event 20/20s the passive model (in which case you'd need an amp as well) or the active (powered) "BAS" version? There's been a number of different versions of these monitors, so not sure what kind of connectors they support - but if they're active monitors, it's as simple as connecting the main outs of the MG10/2 to the inputs of the monitors, with the appropriate connectors.

I'm looking to connect 1 pair of speakers (Event 20/20) to a Yamaha MG10/2 mixing console so I can use these speakers as monitors for 2 different computers (not simultaneously). 1 computer has 1/4" outs via the audio interface & on the other computer I can only output through the 1/ 8" headphone port which is why I figure I can do this with the mixer.
Can anyone suggest how I can go about accomplishing this (what connectors/cables would I need, etc)??.........Thanx~!

Thanx much Krushing.......I have the 'active' Events......What you're saying is pretty much in line w/ most of the other replies I've received from other forum sites.

Much appreciated~!

Back