Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing a Laptop for Music Making

Thanks

Choosing a Laptop for Music Making

Sign in to disable this ad
    So this time we'll be focusing on which laptop to choose if you must have a laptop for music production....

Here is PART 1:
    https://en.audiofanzine.com/pc-lapto...o-laptops.html

---------- Post added 12-01-2010 at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-17-2010 at 01:12 AM ----------

Here is PART 2 where we actually put some laptops to the test:
    https://en.audiofanzine.com/pc-lapto...-the-test.html

Thanks
    interesting stuff... however, I'd like to see what you guys can come up with for more budget constrained individuals.
    "... got a problem with your processor? your gonna have to call pentium for that." - joey tunez

Thanks

Post Re:

I bookmarked both links as you shared here. Thanks for sharing it with community.
    Ares Free Music Download Software

Thanks
    My opinion no one should buy a laptop (PC) to work with music so but if you still wanna laptop you should go for a Mac.

Let me explain:
    Normally people buy desktop Pc and not Mac because you can upgrade them you know change sound cards, add more Ram, increase HDD, those type of things for less money than a Mac (To buy a mac you can do those type of thing you have to buy a MAC PRO and God Knows that shit is expensive), So when you buy a laptop (PC) you are throwing away that option of upgrading (I mean you could do it but it will never be like a desktop for example you can't upgrade your cpu in a laptop because you would have problem with the refrigeration and the cpu may burn), and that upgrade option in a cheaper price is why wise people buy a PC desktop and not a laptop.

So if you going to buy a pc to work in music buy a Desktop (except if you have a lot of cake Them buy a Mac Pro)
    If you are going to buy a laptop buy a Mac.

But always look for the specs, there are pc laptops with some good specs.

Thanks
    ApplesPro are great but u can have regular notebook, and buy high quality DSP sound card!

Thanks
    Great amounts of information! Rflip, you've made a very good point. Although I've been producing on a Dell XPS M1340 for over a year now I've expanded my HD capabilities through an external HD. I do look forward to investing in a desktop, but I love the portability that the laptop and external HD gives me when I want to work on music at the studio. Chater, do you think you could put together the same type of presentation for desktops? Regardless this is a great post! Thank you!

Thanks
    If you buy a good laptop with enough ram, good processor, good hard drive, and a fire-wire port, that should be enough to have a great computer for music production

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BruteXL View Post
    If you buy a good laptop with enough ram, good processor, good hard drive, and a fire-wire port, that should be enough to have a great computer for music production
    no upgrades would be needed, unless there is some serious change in the computer technology and music technology fields...
    Check out my music with the link above^^

Thanks
    Apple Laptops are cool and a high end ones but if you're budget concern try, DELL or Lenovo
    ~ let the music spice up your life ~
    learn guitar songs | music beats for free

Thanks
    Find out what software OS's work better w/ which computer companies. I've heard certain companies make crappy laptops. I bought based on my pocket, and bought a HP for 524.00, and for right now it running okay. If I would've had more $$$ at the time of purchase, I would've bought a Sony Vaio. Just Blaze uses them, and I always read how he's on planes, mixing, etc. He's a gear guru so you cant go wrong.

Thanks
    interesting read!

Thread Information