Best Record Shops in Jersey?

E

Egress

i've been to "alwicks" in elizebeth and "flooded" in roselle park, need more.
thanks

Hey egress...since you live in Jersey....have you ever been to any record stores in Philly? Are you closer to Philly or NYC

yo man! I'm from Jersey too!

well, I don't spin, but yeah, check out the city, I'm guessing that'll be your best bet.
:)
-Mike

I'd definitely check out satellite records on the bowery..the site is www.satelliterecords.com I havent had much luck with jersey record shops..

Last edited by a moderator:
Really! Cherry Hill???:rolleyes: ....although i do know a whole house full of dj's there but they spend most of their time in philly. and i still go back to NY to buy most of my vinyl, but a new store just sprung up in philadelphia and they have a Awsome slection (for me at least)

Planet X used to be in New Brunswick but it closed down a few years ago

djfullcircle said:
Really! Cherry Hill???:rolleyes: ....although i do know a whole house full of dj's there but they spend most of their time in philly. and i still go back to NY to buy most of my vinyl, but a new store just sprung up in philadelphia and they have a Awsome slection (for me at least)
finally......i have been waiting for this.....do you know where and what it is?...I need to buy like 500 records......actually i have 300 bucks saved...i need to buy more vinyl...i might get more money....

okay here's the list...
611 Records & 612 -(across the street) home of the famous $1 record sales:D
CUE Records - next door to 611
Footwork - one of the best hip-hop shops around it's right up there with FatBeats
About The Beat - LOTS of house
and the new kids on the block.....
Optical Blast
Shoe... pphilly is such a small city you really should go to all of them i'll spend all day saturday going from one shop to the next.. what type of stuff do you play???

cool thankx........actually i play a mixed genre..i live 20 minutes away...my main ones are prog trance and prog house..and some break beat...

Then you need to go str8 to Optical Blast! it's on 6th & South they have lots of what your looking for happy hunting:D

the beat boutique is in paramus or rochelle park I think, their website is www.thebeatboutique.com, although I think the shop might possibly have closed, the website is still definitely there, the shops in the village are also prime although some have bs rules about listen to 5 records you have to buy at least one. happy hunting

Egress said:
we need to get he tri states together for a banging party

Hells Yea! :D
there's another thread about trying to start a FutureProducers confrence

the beat boutique doesn't have a storefront anymore, but you can set up an appointment to buy records from another place, two miles from the old store.

djfullcircle said:
Then you need to go str8 to Optical Blast! it's on 6th & South they have lots of what your looking for happy hunting:D

i know somebody who's dad owns the philly record xchange on 5th and south......he said that all the record shops have been going out of businesses lately...im not sure..

yeah my friend also told me about a huge bin they have with vinyl $1 and below..........i gotta go there...maybe i'll get a discount....cuz i know his son..

Back