Best imac for Logic Pro X?

Puppet

I usually have about 20-22 tracks per song, and I usually put 6-7 plug-ins on each track, and that usually slows my current macbook down.

The computer i want right now needs to be one that does not slow down and start lagging once i start puttin on too many effects, or if I start recording audio. Eveything ought to keep slowing smoothly.

Does any one have any ideas? My budget is 2 grand after taxes. So far, ppl have recommended the core i7.

You may need a slightly larger budget (unless you get a refurbished older model). Because they no longer have user upgradeable RAM (or hard drives) you need to get it iwth the RAM and hard drive you'll need (as opposed ot upgrading later).

The i5's work very well for Logc Pro X. I highly recommend maxing it out with 16GB of RAM and a solid state drive changes everything in an audio based system. First it is totally silent so no more mics picking up hard drive (or other computer) noise. The fans even run quieter, as there is less overall heat generated inside (no hard drive heat). The other benefit is that Logic projects open in a second or two so no more waiting for large audio files.

Also if order to get great performance (out of any imac) you will need a decent audio interface as well.

You may need a slightly larger budget (unless you get a refurbished older model). Because they no longer have user upgradeable RAM (or hard drives) you need to get it iwth the RAM and hard drive you'll need (as opposed ot upgrading later).

The i5's work very well for Logc Pro X. I highly recommend maxing it out with 16GB of RAM and a solid state drive changes everything in an audio based system. First it is totally silent so no more mics picking up hard drive (or other computer) noise. The fans even run quieter, as there is less overall heat generated inside (no hard drive heat). The other benefit is that Logic projects open in a second or two so no more waiting for large audio files.

Also if order to get great performance (out of any imac) you will need a decent audio interface as well.

Thanks bud, im going to look into all that.

Few quick question though, if the audio interface that comes with it is not ideal for audio performance, then what interface do u recommend in place of it? All I have is an mbox and i dont think thats very good

Last edited:
Back