Thread: Anybody Using a "Hackintosh" To Produce Music?

Thanks

Anybody Using a "Hackintosh" To Produce Music?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Been talking with a couple producer buddy's about building Hackintoshs and I was wondering if any of you guys are using one as your main production computer. I'm curious..let me know!
    Anthony Clint Jr. - Producer | Musician | Songwriter Website Twitter

Thanks
    hhaha i use FL on a mac, which is the opposite way...
    usually people go for mac to get logic and stuff but i went backwards because the dual processor helps run everything in FL smoothly.
    Soundcloud: Epsilon-144

Thanks
    Nope. Built a desktop a few years back that supports windows/linux though.
    Been smooth sailing since.

Thanks
    There's not a lot of factual reasons to primarily go for mac or pc. Mostly comes down to personal preference.
    Logic is only available for the mac but you could, as said in the post, build a hackintosh.
    You pay waaaaaaaayyyy more for macs as opposed to the same hardware for pcs.
    For anything else then logic, I'd pick a pc any day. Way cheaper, way more customizable.
    Some rather have the apple OS. I don't like it one bit. Android for mobile OS and windows for desktop and laptop all the way.

Thanks
    Hackintosh computers are not that common since it's really complicated setting one up, and by that even less common among producers by adding another factor.

Here's a tutorial on what it really is and how to set one up:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B Side Producer View Post
    There's not a lot of factual reasons to primarily go for mac or pc. Mostly comes down to personal preference.
    Logic is only available for the mac but you could, as said in the post, build a hackintosh.
    You pay waaaaaaaayyyy more for macs as opposed to the same hardware for pcs.
    For anything else then logic, I'd pick a pc any day. Way cheaper, way more customizable.
    Some rather have the apple OS. I don't like it one bit. Android for mobile OS and windows for desktop and laptop all the way.
    Yeah, well that's the thing. I want cheaper and customization...I love Logic Pro, Mac and it's OS..been using since 2005. But now I want to be freed from the chains that comes along with it. lol So I'm looking to go the Hackintosh route. Just want to know if any producers here actually use one on a regular and their experience.
    Anthony Clint Jr. - Producer | Musician | Songwriter Website Twitter

Thread Information