Cheapest MPC/MPK out there?

Aeonmeta

I've been making music for about a year now w/fruity loops & I've been getting alot into sampling jazz & neo-soul since I can't play keys for shit. Discovering new music & turning it's elements into your style is a lot of fun. And honestly, I just want to be able to make music with hardware because I'd hate sitting in front of a computer screen for hours when making music. It just irritates the living hell out of me. I want to be able to carry a hardware machine around if I'm going somewhere & just let my brain break out of my skull & splatter some creativity into the music. Portability & shit, you get me?

I'm only 13, though, turning 14 in June so I can't get a job & if I do, it'd only count as community service & stuff so I'm on a DESPERATELY low budget. My parents can't afford it either & I'd feel guilty as **** if I even considered asking them to help me pay for shit that's like over 300 bucks.

I've looked through websites like Best Buy, eBay, Amazon, TigetDirect, Newegg & I haven't found any luck.

I only have about 175 bucks at hand that I've saved over several months so I'd love it if any of y'all can help me out and link me to some pages that sell the cheapest MPCs/MPKs. Anything is fine w/me as long as it works with MIDI (which I assume all of 'em do).

Thanks in advanced.

Find a MPD 18 they go for around $100 should be everything you need. It won't be a "hardware" like a mpc but it will give you a controller to work with FL studio. Since your budget allows for it and youwant more buttons or knobs a MPD 24 would work or a MPD 32 used might as well.

Maybe try a akai xr20....its a good machine to get used to a drum machine, problem is you cant sample (at least I dont think you can). Also try Reaper for your PC/Mac for $40 Bucks and get a controller for like $50 bucks, and then get a good VST. I know you dont wanna be on the computer but you wont find a MPC 500, which is the next step up for less than $500.

GuitarCenter Heres a link to the Xr20, you can find it for less than Guitar center somewhere Im sure. Good Luck

Peace

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Also, dont be afraid to get your hands dirty and mow some lawns (summer months are upon us), clean out some old folks garages, wash your neighbors cars, babysit, sweep up at barber shop for some cash. I did all that stuff to get what I wanted as a kid. Honestly Id say just to save your $175 and try to make some money to get you a MPC 500 to start with. Its worth it and you will be so glad you worked so hard to get it.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Also I think the Mikro Mashine is like $399....Its dope too, probably better than the MPC500...Ill let other chime in on that one

Start Off With an M-Audio Trigger Finger
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Major.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Maybe try a akai xr20....its a good machine to get used to a drum machine, problem is you cant sample (at least I dont think you can). Also try Reaper for your PC/Mac for $40 Bucks and get a controller for like $50 bucks, and then get a good VST. I know you dont wanna be on the computer but you wont find a MPC 500, which is the next step up for less than $500.

Heres a link to the Xr20, you can find it for less than Guitar center somewhere Im sure. Good Luck

Peace

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Also, dont be afraid to get your hands dirty and mow some lawns (summer months are upon us), clean out some old folks garages, wash your neighbors cars, babysit, sweep up at barber shop for some cash. I did all that stuff to get what I wanted as a kid. Honestly Id say just to save your $175 and try to make some money to get you a MPC 500 to start with. Its worth it and you will be so glad you worked so hard to get it.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Also I think the Mikro Mashine is like $399....Its dope too, probably better than the MPC500...Ill let other chime in on that one

It's cool for it's price but not exactly in my budget zone but I appreciate the help, homie. Thanks. & Yeah I could, but right now & during summer I won't exactly have the time to dedicate myself to a job.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Major.

No Doubt, Definitely a good starting point until you have a bigger budget. the key with FL studio and a midi pad controller is creating and saving a FPC sampling preset and different drumkits, it will make your workflow so much easier.

Back