Vintage Soviet Analog Synthesizer "PIF"

Oh, not just "some" drifting, as long as it's within some kind of tuning range... I'm not sure about this time. Alex, but I'm pretty sure at some point I'll be getting one of these...

GJ

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

PS-- (Sorry, got cut-off earlier): @BC-- Thanks for the info. Yeah, if I was any better at electronics work (not so much), I still wouldn't have the time, so it's easier to buy when something interests me, as long as it works and it's not priced out-of-this-world...

@Alex and anyone interested in "PIF;" yes, I discovered a thread on Gearslutz that basically said the same thing, that they are tunable and also with some more pertinent directions, if anybody needs the info (scroll down to the very end of the thread): Tuning an old USSR mono synth - Gearslutz.com

GJ

Last edited:
that was the post I was referring to- wasn't going to bother trying to link it as it was a few days in my history

and yes, it uses trim pots to fix the pitch (variable resistors that are set and forget) - the more resistance the lower the note, hence the advice to tune right to left (high to low).....

To GJ: Its OK man, no problems :) Yes i`ve also seen that link some time ago on Gearslutz - nice info for me as i also didn`t know about peculiar "right-to-left" tuning....

Back