In order to post in this forum you now need to have X amount of posts

infradead

If you have less than X amount of posts you will not be able to post threads in this forum.

We are doing this to make it more difficult for scammers to post in this forum. You are still buying and selling at your own risk in this forum!!

We recommend using ebay and good safe practices when buying anything over the internet.

I am not saying the amount of posts that you need to post in here on purpose. In order to keep someone who wants to try and scam people from speed posting.

u kno, jus a tip or for future refrence!! u moderators shuld ban people by their ip address! so its guarunteed they cant come back! ive been meaning to mention that to one of u moderators

Not really. It's perfect because it's not too high like 100 but anyone that uses the forum to it's fullest potential should be able to have the right to sell things first.

Otherwise, people selling things with low post counts could either just be using FP strictly for just selling things and not really caring about the community or a scammer.

It eliminates the two things we want out.

100, should be more like it, sounds drastic but those that have been around already and are really into the forums should already be past that anyways...just sayin, cuz i hate when something like an asr10 pops up and its like x amount of dollars but the OP has only 2 posts. granted i dont feel comfortable making purchases online, but more reputable members have a couple hundred and up anyways. if anything, there should be some sort of feedback system, there is this one forum where if u are known to be a bad seller, its attached into ur sig, so others can automatically be aware. i mean its not going to stop all the scams and fraud but its a start

those that have been around already and are really into the forums should already be past that anyways...

...just sayin, cuz i hate when something like an asr10 pops up and its like x amount of dollars but the OP has only 2 posts...

...if anything, there should be some sort of feedback system...
Co-Sign. These are the three main reasons I support a post count limit.

u kno, jus a tip or for future refrence!! u moderators shuld ban people by their ip address! so its guarunteed they cant come back! ive been meaning to mention that to one of u moderators

That just encourages some of them to move to another location, either physically, or via proxy.

caveat emptor to any buyers over 18 and should know better then to by from just anyone on the internet. not trying to be insensitive but just saying that any grown person should know better then to buy from a person or service that is not proven safe and responsible.

What they should do is not only require a post count, but photos for every "for sale" thread that clearly have some sort of paper within the shot with their name on it just to prove they actually have the item and that they didn't just find some random photo from google..

And if anyone is buying from someone on here you should first get a physical address, a home phone number (not a cell if at all possible), real first and last name that can be verified, etc. I'd like to see this forum be known for trustworthy sellers but it seems like there's so many scammers out there...

i got a mpc and keyboard i wana sell should i wait till i get more posts even tho i need the money now or should i go ahead and post?

Back