Help with making a $4,000 portable studio purchased..

Harlem143

I'm looking to spend $4,000 on a home/portable vocal recording set-up. I have my eyes on a MacBook pro as my laptop. That's my choice as computer. So far the gear I'm looking at is
Rode NT1-A (Mic)
Pro Tools 9 & Mbox3 (not mini or pro)
KRK Rokit5 (Monitor speakers)
Sony MDR-v6 (headphones)
SE Reflexion filter
Monster power pro2500 power center (power conditioner)
Glyph (GT050Q) 1TB (external HD)
With these items am I good on my recordings?? My songs will be mixed & mastered by pro engineers so I think I should be good to go...

What are you recording your music with? Midi Keyboard, Guitars, or is this a purely DAW computer software studio? Are you making music with instruments or just vocal recording? It just seems excessive somewhat. I could be completely wrong and just dont understand tho.

I made a jr. studio with a MXL V63xl, toshiba p series satelite, m-audio 88 key station, alexis q49 (which is absolutely horrible, DON'T RECOMMEND AT ALL), Fantom XR w/4 expansions, MPC 2500, a viewsonic monitor, Yamaha audiogram 6 monitor, Yamaha MG103C (i think thats it; I'm going off of memory as I am not there right now) Mixer, Behringer monitors (dont remember the model but its bad, will replace with krks soon), Sony monitor headphones (they are also lower brand and will be replaced) and the necessary wires, stands, and attachments (i.e. shockmounts etc). That came up to about 4k off ebay for some and that'll get me everything I need besides the best feedback and vocal recording. Again if your priority is elsewhere then you may be on the right track.

Make sure to get an SSD drive as the main drive in the mac book. I recommend getting a midi controller.. akai ones are quite nice, with the semi weighted keys. If you are going to get a n SE reflector make sure its the thicker one on the insides because the thin one is not that great. Make sure to get a pop shield as well!
All the best.

please use the search function on here for some extra tips. this topic comes up repeatedly....

with a budget like $4k ud probably want some better monitors than the KRKs.

also, why do you need the power conditioner? is it for the studio equipment u listed?

you can do a hell of a lot with 4 grand. there was a really good post about a week or so you should look up.

Back