Best pc

OneWorld

I would like to know what are the best specs for producing and DJing? Im in the market to buy a new laptop and just want to make sure I don't end up with a piece of shit like I'm using now. Thanks.

Okay. I knew someone would post that. Now, there are different types of Macbook Pro. What specs should I look for?

Good to know. Now, I'm left with a decision to make. I wanted a laptop so when ever I get the opportunity to do a gig, transport would be easy. So, in your opinion, there's no laptop out there powerful enough? My current laptop is six years old and the problem I'm having is lag time and over heating due to so much processing at one time.

Using a laptop for production because it offers portability is like using a bicycle for your furniture removal company because it's easy to park.

If playing live consists of farting around on stage with a single VSTI over a backing track then you don't need some uber powerful laptop, but if you plan to produce the backing track on the same laptop then it will need to be reasonably powerful.

You can use a laptop for production but they are second rate compared to a tower. Apart from obviously getting the highest specifications in a laptop you can afford, look out for graphics that rob system memory and slow hard drives, you should actually have at least two hard drives (a system drive and one for streaming audio) external is an option but if you go with firewire keep in mind that you can't daisy chain an audio interface with it, also you might want to consider the idea of ditching the DVD drive to install a second hard dive instead, that way you can reduce the amount of shit hanging off your laptop.

Back