Best Headphones

Another vote for the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros.

-Extremely comfortable for long use.
-Nice build. They just have a very durable, quality feel to them.
-Great sound. As others have mentioned, they are a tad "bassy", but the low end is very tight and controlled, so it isn't really much of an issue or negative thing per se. Just learn them (as you would any other monitoring system).

Overall, they're a solid choice for the price range. Use 'em for mixing, tracking, casual listening, etc.

i receive the beats by dre as gift and really like the sound of it until it broke in my hands after only 2 weeks.Now i have Beyer and im happy with it especialy for the price

Beyer DT770 or Senn 380hd pro ???

how can i look at the specs of some headphones and tell which is better?

sony extreme bass headphone ive been working on these forever and they work very well with a good bass quality and they not cost much aroud 100-300 denpend on witch model you take

Beyerdynamic DT770 - sound great and so comfortable. The bass is full maybe a bit too much but great once you get used to them. Audio technica atm50 are also great phones, both are good to reference when mixing.

I always stick by my Beyer Dynamic DT100's! Look horrible, but I think you can mix well on any headphones once you know how they translate to other systems!

Cheers
Matt

The thing about headphones is that you should not finish any beat in the headphones. You can make the beat in any headphones, and you will get a good idea of what it sounds like...

When finishing a beat, you need to play it in a bunch of settings: Crappy headphones, Beats, Your car, studio-quality speakers, computer speakers, off a laptop speakers. Make sure it's perfect for big/small speakers.

I use grado, in my opinion they are the best sonically sounding phones. Open chamber though so either turn it down or use closed chamber if your mic'd

I finally bought some Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro.
I produce on a MacBook Pro and I feel like they should be louder.
I think I may need a headphone amp to listen to their full potential.
Any suggestions on headphone amps??

I suggest you to buy quality headphones. Price rang of headphone starts form $40 to $550 1. Bluetooth wireless headphone 2. earbud for athletes 3. headphone budget earbud 4. headphone Noise-canceling 5. headphone with Full-size (circumaural) Decision is on your hands.

Last edited:
Sennheiser HD-280 PRO

co-sign co-sign.

You hear all the time you shouldn't mix strictly with headphones. To me these knocked that theory out of the water. They're like the flat monitors you want so nothing is hyped like the highs or lows or even mids. What you hear in these is what you get. I still use my monitors when creating tracks / songs, but when it’s time to start mixing, even if only for a reference mix to play back in my car or on a stereo system at Best Buy, I go to these headphones.

Last edited:
I use and recommend AiAiAi TMA Studio and A&H Xone XD53. A&H are more comfortable and the bass is slightly elevated, comparatively.

Back