Behringer Xenyx 1622 / Numark NVii / USB line in questions.

wez130

Hi all, i have a Behringer Xenyx 1622 USB mixer and a Numark NVii DJ mixer, i'm trying to get them to talk to each other, and also, to set up live streaming with decent sound quality without buing a focusrite 2i2! With my mixer being a USB interface, i believe this is what i need.
I can't post any pics as i only have 1 post so far, but i'll add pics if if necessary once i reach 5 posts.
So, my problems so far, i've got 2 x rca going from my master out on my NVii mixer, they are going in via 2 x 1/4" stereo plugs into channel 7 on the behringer. The sound is really quiet, even with sliders on max on channel 7, master and master out on the NVii. Then, when i test on facebook live streaming, there is no input from USB interface when selected. The 'USB / 2TR' button is pressed down, and the 'USB/TR to main is depressed'. I really can't work it out. Hopefully somebody could help me to set up as i'm really struggling. Thanks, Wez :)

Do you have manuals for both units? If not, they are available on-line (I'm looking them both over right now).

https://www.numark.com/images/product_downloads/NV_-_User_Guide_-_v1.0.pdf

Inserts; Direct Outputs (x2442usb Only); Usb Input/output; Voltage Supply, Phantom Power Supply And Fuse - Behringer Xenyx X1832USB User Manual [Page 16]

Have you tried each mixer sending audio separately to the computer, just to make sure that the issue is actually the connection between the two? Why are you using the Xenyx, if the Numark also has USB connectivity? It seems to say in the Xenyx manual that you want the buttons that you noted depressed, if you want to *receive* USB audio from a computer, not vice-versa. Also, when trouble-shooting, it's always good to swap out cables if possible, just to make sure it's not the simplest of things. Also, what program or DAW are you sending audio into on your computer? Have you checked its input settings? What about the computer's audio input and output settings in general? Sometimes it's just a simple oversight like that...

A few questions to consider, in hopes that you will find the answer.

GJ

Last edited:
Hi Rhythmgj, thanks for your post, it's food for thought, and something i'll check over later on this afternoon. Just to answer a couple of questions though, yes, the numark has USB connectivity, but as far as i'm aware, it doesn't send sound back to the PC, it's just to control serato from my PC on the mixer. Ideally, i want all my equipment to go through the xenyx as an all in one solution, knowing that the xenyx has a USB audio interface, this means i should technically get a clean / pure sound when sending sound back to the PC right? As in, no interference etc. All my cables are brand new. Do i need software on my PC to control the sound coming in from the mixer? I downloaded all the software from Behringer and it seems to be VST plugins etc.

as i say, i'm brand new to all this and i'm probably missing something glaringly obvious! Do i need to do anything with ASIO for example? Once i post a couple more times, i'll be able to link images which should make things easier to solve haha.

Again, thanks for your help, and any other advice would be helpful, i will get to the bottom of this lol.

I believe the Behringer site/manual mentioned a free ASIO download. I would get that, yes.

GJ

Last edited:
Hi Rhythmgj, thanks for your post, it's food for thought, and something i'll check over later on this afternoon. Just to answer a couple of questions though, yes, the numark has USB connectivity, but as far as i'm aware, it doesn't send sound back to the PC, it's just to control serato from my PC on the mixer.

The manual says that the USB port “sends and receives audio and other control data from a connected computer.”

This review ( Numark NVII Serato DJ Controller Quick Overview ) says that the Numark has a “built-in professional 2.0 audio interface.”

Understood about the Xenyx being your planned hub, but just for purposes of trouble-shooting and knowing the most possible about your gear’s capabilities, you should try it solo into the computer, then vice-versa with just the Xenyx (use another sound source like a phone, MP3 player, or CDP).

GJ

Last edited:
I think i've figured this out now, i downloaded Audacity and recorded and it sound fine, but when i go on FB live the quality is poor, i think it may be my internet connection. (rural 4g) :(

I think i've figured this out now, i downloaded Audacity and recorded and it sound fine, but when i go on FB live the quality is poor, i think it may be my internet connection. (rural 4g) :(

Live stream audio is always subject to (heavy) lossy compression, so it's never a good measure of your input audio quality.

Back