Audio Interfaces to recommend?

The Thrill

The Thrill Music
Hey, guys I am searching for a realitevly mid-range priced audio interface where I will be able to record a mic, insert my speakers and MIDI.

From your experience, could you guys recommend some audio interfaces so I can take a look at several options? Thanks

Fair point, yeah "best" is a stretch, but I guess I was under the impression OP might be served well by an entry level interface --> "realitevly mid-range priced audio interface where I will be able to record a mic, insert my speakers and MIDI"

Don't need much more than a Scarlett 2i2 or Audient iD4 for that :)

Fair point, yeah "best" is a stretch, but I guess I was under the impression OP might be served well by an entry level interface --> "realitevly mid-range priced audio interface where I will be able to record a mic, insert my speakers and MIDI"

Don't need much more than a Scarlett 2i2 or Audient iD4 for that :)

The impression is probably right :) I just wanted to point out that unfortunately you won't be getting *the best* with a hundred or two.

i'm happy with my behringer u-phoria umc204hd. the scarlett is kind of overhyped. There are actually other good interfaces.

the behringher 404hd died on me last night the pres and converters are decent which is why i got it, but that shit was not stable from day one, not with pro tools anyways seemed ok with ableton but the clock in that thing would bug out from time to time presonus or focusrite !

Depends on what your budget is. Of you’re on a Mac, you can check out the Focusrite Safire FireWire series. You’ll need a FireWire to thunderbolt connector but they still run like a charm on macs.

Best thing is, you can pick them up fairly cheap on the used market. Also the preamps are slightly better (better signal to noise ratio for one) than the Scarlett series, although the gain setting tends to be overly sensitive.

Last edited:
I also have a Scarlett, I have the 18i8 model. The whole line is a great entry level interface system and Focusrite Control, their software, is super easy to use

Careful with that 2i2.

I have the Scarlett 2i2 (2nd gen) and I am running Windows 10 64bit. I've got compatibility issues. From time to time I simply have to disconnect the USB and reconnect it again, 'cause the sound stops working.

i always recommend think big !
get someting bigger than you need now and you wont regret

one day you will be do some experiments or need more I/O and your little interface wont fit...

take a look at RME babyface pro
- very stable, portable and hq

and you can re sell it any time

Back