Akai MPC/MPD/MPK - Advice

larks

Akai MPC/MPD/MPK - Advice
Hey guys, I've recently been really getting into beat making. I mainly produce sample driven beats, and am currently using an old keyboard (Just keys, no pitch wheel or anything), with Reason and Recycle. However, when I am bashing out samples, my fingers seem to get sore and swollen, as I am literally beating the shit out of each key.
I would like to upgrade my hardware to something with MPC like pads, for a more comfortable feel.
What do you guys suggest I get, I am just browsing the Akai website at the moment as they seem to be the most trusted and preferred brand when it comes to this type of thing, http://www.akaipro.com/mpk What do you think I would benefit from getting?

What are your thoughts on the Akai MPD 26, I am looking into purchasing this when I can rack up enough dollar bills yall
Cheers

Last edited:
I have an MPD18. I've never owned an MPC.. so I can't really compare (i've only played around w/ one once or twice), but I love the pads and the built of the 18. It's sturdy. Doesn't really move when playing. Pads feel like they are sensitive but not too sensitive.. they are just right to me. Only issue is I can't figure out how to get Note Repeat working properly on time w/ my DAW (I used Studio One). I've given up all hope on that lol. Whenever I get it configured properly (i've looked at countless tutorials) it repeats but it's never on time. It's always waaayyy off. This might be an issue w/ the MPD. I don't think it's a DAW issue.

Thanks for that bit of information. Do you know which is the better version out of the 24, 32 and the 26. Which one is the latest one?

Last edited:
Back