The best way to record vocals into Reason 5?

1. misterreason
    misterreason
    We will start off with the following assumption: Record 1.5 is the best way to record vocals into Reason 5. However, the software is a bit on the expensive side and I don't think it will work with a pirated copy of Reason 5.

There are other ways - One of which includes creating REX or WAV loops outside Reason and playing them through NNT-19, NN-XT or DrOctoRex. This is UTTERLY counter-intuitive.

Another way is to ReWire Reason 5 with a program such as Reaper - Again, the process of having to switch back and forth between programs, compatibility issues, & steep learning curve makes this another (and correct me if i'm wrong) NONSENSE method.

Finally, someone suggested to me that I try out Sony Acid 7.0 and ReWire it to Reason 5. I've used Acid before and I love it for its simplicity and the ability to load VST plug-ins. I haven't tried this method out yet, but it seems to me that this might be my best bet.

Can anyone think of any draw-backs with this?

Any suggestions?
  2. getfresh
    getfresh
    Acid has about as good of a audio processing ability as reason, so I wouldn't use it for tracking. Acid is not a bad program, but it is not something you want to use if you are concerned with quality. Try ableton or protools for tracking. If you are going to record rather than use professional samples you may as well make it worth the time and effort.

Reason connects into both protools and ableton as a plugin.
  3. ProducerJC
    ProducerJC
    If you like vst plug-ins then cubase is the most powerful DAW. It works with ReWire and all of the cool vst plug-ins work with it. I have reason record too, but I don't use it much because I like work with a variety of options; know what I mean?
  4. Subzone
    Subzone
    Nuendo (cubase) or Protools would be best