Buy Mac Millers album

it's reported between 95-105k, lets make sure it hits 100k and 3 albums reach the 100k first week for the first time since 2006.

we're always moaning about labels not taking chances and not pushing higher budgets, lets make that change.

i've never heard a mac miller song in my life but i'm grabbing it off itunes right now

? You just want to push him over 100k? so it would be mac, ye, and cole?

wanted to add- i like the album nice follow up.

Last edited:
? You just want to push him over 100k? so it would be mac, ye, and cole?

wanted to add- i like the album nice follow up.

yep that would send a huge message to these labels not taking any chances and pushing the same archaic and honestly ANCIENT formula

ALL 3 of em have gone so far against the grain (i aint a fan of kanyes new shit, its forced and stupid to me but i respect the guy for proving you can sell still) and outsold these microwave music "hitmakers" that labels shit out.
mac gonna push 100k off his huge fanbase with no single
cole easy into 200k, ok he had a single but it's some natural shit, not really for clubs or radio and he would have done anyway, nothing forced about it
kanye FORCED himself to do some different shit and is gonna do 400k.

jay z gonna come and do millions easy too with a very abstract marketing strategy. he's not gonna put a single out

then you got dudes like french montana who got all the hot joints on radio but can only sell 50k. great for them, they aint gonna recoup and the industry is changing this very second. dont get me wrong im not shitting on dudes like french, they do what they do and theyre good at it. but labels have to take a look at what they're doing and start taking more calculated risks like what jay is doing

i wouldnt be surprised if the 3 highest selling albums this year were kanye, cole and jay z - ALL UNDER THE ROC!!! the only thing that could change that is eminem but hes a purely pop act these days anyway. im not a huge jay z fan, anyone that knows me will tell you im not big on his music at all but you cant help but admire the guys business sense

Last edited:
You guys know if Mac Miller made the beats for the tracks he is credited with Producing? I didnt know the dude made beats.

Watching Movies is 10x better than Born Sinner. How ever you want to look at this statement. So everyone.....even if you don't buy Mac Miller's album.....at least consider watching a few thousand movies a week before you buy J.Cole's album.

^^^ damn Rice. I think Kanye got u pissed. Born sinner is a solid album. It may not have the wow factor, but its solid (i agree maybe he should have ditched a few tracks).

^^^man........it's a watered down version of EVERYTHING in hip hop. Sorry!

It's the most GIMMICKY ALBUM OF ALL TIME!!!! It needs to be addressed. Their wasn't a gimmick boundery he didn't touch. lmao!!!! The spoof album of hip hop that wasn't meant to be a spoof.

Man....at least if you want to take music back to 2003......make it just as good as the great stuff you imatate. But most don't see the creative failure of this album....because J.Cole was said to be the savior THE FIRST TIME.

Yeezus > Born Sinner

A Story Never Told > Born Sinner

People have allowed albums to flop over the past couple of years....just for J.Cole "the savior" to give people "Born Sinner". smh.

Enough about that. Mac Miller's album is WAY BETTER that those other two. I don't work for Mac Miller....I didn't get paid for this message.

All in all man.......like Ray Allen.....it's going to take an old school vet to quietly come in and save your asses......

First rapper to say some shit like that is on Rice's nut sack.

Last edited:
First of all OP, didn't you post ages ago on here(somewhere in a thread) that you got placed on Mac Millers album? If so, which track?

Also, I don't think it's going to make much of a difference... Labels know we can do it without giving us the chance, its the probability of people being flops is why they don't take the chances! We have to be making money solely before they'll give us a chance... It's that simple... And what's the point when we can be making more money when we consider the label taking the cut out of the projected sales they gave us?

Kind of went off topic with that... Also... Rice... Did you just say Yeezus is better than Born Sinner?

34356645.jpg

I wouldn't stop a lynching if it meant supporting that boys music....

/saying things just to be a dick

you write all that bullshit yet fail to pinpoint exactly what is wrong with born sinner lol

I did tell what's wrong. Dude is a little below average. And the fact that people blow him up as great makes me go extra hard on him. Can't believe people think that dude is good. He is a 2000 - 2005 average type rapper.

What yall suffering from with Born Sinner is what Eddie Murphy said....

Yall can't be serious. lmao! Mac Miller's album actually sounds modern. He ain't on it presenting himself in the likes of greats and using a form of brainwash to get you to like his boring ass songs. Born Sinner sounds like an album that would've bee "underrated" in critic reviews if it was an underground album back in 2002.....and then real hip hop fans would say "dude is not that good". I pointed out the songs that would make J.Cole acceptable as being an "actual" artist.

Who am I kidding? Dude's think Big Sean is dope.......I'll STFU. :cheers:

At least Yeezus is "interesting" at first listen. Because you know Kanye is an alcoholic. YOU DON'T WANT THAT DRUNK MAN COMING UP TO YOU EVERYDAY AND OFTEN ACTING UP. But it was kind of funny seeing him for no reason at all out of the blue riding a broom yelling "getty up...getty up" the first time. The next time it will be annoying.

Last edited:
^^^^^LUSH INSTRUMENTATION?

Dammit man......you bring up lush instrumentation.......about Born Sinner.......of all albums........and make a thread for Mac Miller who's album has way better music? Wow!

I said it before.....SOME of the music would've been good in 2003. Some of it would've been acceptable on Nas's Illmatic album....with Nas rapping on it. A few were actually dope. The rest is WTF is this shit?

Love it now......it will be out of your system in a couple of week.

@Rice that Kanye has thrown u all off. Cole might not be the album of the year, but its a above average album, solid overall. I can dig if u don't mess with Cole, but there's no way u can say Ye's is better on a hip-hop tip. He's still growing as a rapper and producer but it's a good second album, at least 2-3 good singles plus some underground type shit.
I think the nas track is really getting too much attention, it ain't the best track and the song is not about beef.

J.Cole is one step above Kobe in hip hop...

Yall can't be serious.....

J.Cole sounds like a NBA rapper man!

He ain't no Shaq though

Last edited:
^^^^we agree.

I pointed out the songs that would make J.Cole acceptable as being an "actual" artist.

Those are 2 and half solid songs right.......what about the rest? For a person who is not a J.Cole fan...never heard of J.Cole.... wouldn't it be easier to just download the songs they like vs the whole album? Because I think people are brainwashed to give that album props. Not a solid album to me. It gets props because #1 HYPE.......#2 Heard Yeezus...."let's see what this J.Cole guy has to say...WOW...this is not bad....atleast it's not that trap music bullshit.....#3.....I'm so thankful this doesn't sound like Nikki, Lil Wayne, ect........

I think people are overrating this "ALBUM" and will forget about it in three weeks. The singles are definitely not strong enough.

Just two years ago....Common got no love.......that was a real solid "ALBUM"........my point. Saigon's album in the same year was considered outdated...........but J.Cole gets a pass in 2013....nobody else can get that.

Lesson for today....release an album close to Kanye's release.

And I change my mind.....Watching Movies and Born Sinner is equal. After going back and listening to The Dreamer-The Believer......got to put them two dudes in the same category.

Know what I'v been hearing? Dumb shit like 2013 could be one of the best years in hip hop in a long time.........like 2011 wasn't great. Shit like that man. What world am I really in?

Last edited:
Back