Mixing engineer toolkit (articles, tutorials, etc)

I just want to say Thanks to all that helped in this forum, there is a lot of information here, SUPER valuable, and it just makes me feel great that there are ppl out there willing to teach, and give information out for free. And it isnt all about money, thats great.

Thank you, i really appreciate it. Now time to get to these 10+ tabs i just opened .

Highly recommended:
What Happens to My Recording When it

My all time favourite:
The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing's Table of Content (free book , easy to read)

Get used to:
Carefully read all manuals you come across. Even the manuals of gear/plugins you don't have. User manuals are full of extremely interesting and useful background info.

..and finally, this is a very important one:
Forget everything you've ever "learned" from music magazines and other advertisement related "information". These things are full of confusing half wisdom and dumb manipulation. Understand your field in depth, don't trust journalists or marketing idiots.

Highly recommended:
What Happens to My Recording When it

My all time favourite:
The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing's Table of Content (free book , easy to read)

Get used to:
Carefully read all manuals you come across. Even the manuals of gear/plugins you don't have. User manuals are full of extremely interesting and useful background info.

..and finally, this is a very important one:
Forget everything you've ever "learned" from music magazines and other advertisement related "information". These things are full of confusing half wisdom and dumb manipulation. Understand your field in depth, don't trust journalists or marketing idiots.

thanks for contributing the thread I forgot about I made this thread I been spending some time and energy on the business part of music
thanks again sir

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

Great thread! Bookmarked several of the links to read through thoroughly. Best section on FP...not sure why I don't visit this section more often.

Great thread! Bookmarked several of the links to read through thoroughly. Best section on FP...not sure why I don't visit this section more often.

this section and the business/networking section are my favs...

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
please contact me for a interview
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio

is the new iZotope Ozone5 best used for assisting with mixing or mastering?

mastering and mixing but don't rely on the presets unless you're just doing loudness mastering for presenting the track online
or for a potential customer to hear

because if you mix right your track won't be very loud

in my opinion

-Coach Antonio

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

-Coach Antonio
Is that directed at Ozone5, WaveLab7, or Both?

-LJBoogie (AKA Mr. Farm Yard Fresh Produce)
"Keep it farm yard fresh!"

Back