New Sample Intensive Beat Tape: Trying to Make It (Feedback Please)

nice tracks. you have a unique vibe. i really like the way you mix your tracks, and how you always choose the right drums. your percussions sound raw and dope. good work. however: as evidenced by my own track, i am not a fan of chopping.

WEll hoepfully I can turn you into one! lol. I've also got some looped flips in there, so maybe check out some more or friend me and watchout for more! thx fro the feedback
I think you could rearrange the samples a little to make it flow a little better.

But it is a good sample, toy around with it a little and see if you can find some better placement
Which track are you talking bout?

Keep the hustle strong. Thanx again for your feedback on my thread.

Anytime man! Thnx for your feedback! Glad you liked it!
thx for the really nice feedback man. love it so much . was on your youtube page and i really love that beat u did. "Santa Sallet - At The Bar (Remix) [Instrumental] " left u thumps up and comment on it to push you fam!

Thanx man, I really appreciate it! I subscribe to you and gave you the thumbs up too! We gotta support each other!!!

Thanx for the feedback from everybody. Make sure you friend me and watch out for more stuff if you like it! Download the mixtape and what not. We gotta stick together as musicians and support each other!!!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I am not that good at mastering but I would love to give a try and master "Find yourself" just to see if I can make it sound better. Let me know what you think!
Cheers!

Sure man. I would like any support/help I can get. Lemme know how u want to do this. PM me and we can figure something out!

vocal's on Santa's Gold is dope. Russian Military is a very nice beat. just not feeling that pause at the start. nice samples on find yourself. that scratch at the intro is cool. didnt listen to all of your beats but i've heard enough to say you got skills yo. keep it up.

a little poppy, and it needs to be mastered better, there is too little room for the db too bee freee hahaa :) nice tracks though !! keep it up

Returning feed here fam.
Russian Military
The drop in the beginning is too empty for too long IMO, should throw a delay or Reverb on there
Nice chops, the kick is a bit drowned out. Maybe turn down the sample so the lower end can breathe a bit more.
The part at about 1:45 gets a little corny to me sample wise,being real. I think you got the right idea about the track needing a switch up there bug maybe give it a different approach.
All in all I dig the essence of the track and the outdoor was done very well.

Summer Breeze
You had me at the first bar. The flip here is excellent, the perc is on point and the movement of the track is just awesome.
No BS, this track has a ton of potential and I were you id be pushing it. Whether that be licensing or finding a sick rapper for it.
Either way, do yourself a favor and tag it more. Its a gem for sure you it could maybe use one verse or just a longer outro. Those are my only suggestions.

Santos Gold
Nice vox effects. Sounds grimy as hell. Not my flavor honestly, but I can appreciate the work done here. Really good synth work, nice fat dual panned snares, great stop and go, and the production overall is on point. The vox is applied well. Creative to say the least which is rare to find at times. Good work.

If there's typos in this sorry, but im on my phone and this damn thing doesn't have an actual physical keyboard.

yo thanks for the feedback, my bad it took so long to get back, but i checked out santas gold and a really interesting beat. i like the vocals, i thought they coulda been better worked in (i cant understand them the whole time), but besides that i like it. really really heavy track

The beats and samples are so fresh and out of the box, great work! i've been streaming them on your soundcloud for a while so i wanted to download the tape. Having issues with hulkshare though?!? would mediafire work better? Shit is banging though, keep it up!!

Very nice! Abit too much clicking on russian military for my taste, but i really like summers breeze, I've always been a sucker for those high pitched vocal parts in beats, very nice! Generally very nice, some of them might be abit hard to rap over, but still, cool and i like it much!

Santa's Gold sounds really pro and addictive, definately got replay value..

If you want please check my beat, Im a begginer and I'd love some feedback :)

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=56
Sure thang man. Glad u dig the track. Check out the rest of the mixtape and download it!!!

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

vocal's on Santa's Gold is dope. Russian Military is a very nice beat. just not feeling that pause at the start. nice samples on find yourself. that scratch at the intro is cool. didnt listen to all of your beats but i've heard enough to say you got skills yo. keep it up.

I appreciate you listening to them at all!! Thanx a lot for the feedback.
And if ever u have a chance, download the beat tape and listen to it one day. Maybe there'll be some other stuff you'll like as well!

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

a little poppy, and it needs to be mastered better, there is too little room for the db too bee freee hahaa :) nice tracks though !! keep it up

Yea... I know, Im terrible at mixing/mastering, but we're getting there slowly but surely! If you have any links or tips on how to fix that, lemme know!
Thnx for the feedback mayn

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Returning feed here fam.
Russian Military
All in all I dig the essence of the track and the outdoor was done very well.

Summer Breeze
You had me at the first bar. The flip here is excellent, the perc is on point and the movement of the track is just awesome.
No BS, this track has a ton of potential and I were you id be pushing it. Whether that be licensing or finding a sick rapper for it.
Either way, do yourself a favor and tag it more. Its a gem for sure you it could maybe use one verse or just a longer outro. Those are my only suggestions.

Santos Gold
Nice vox effects. Sounds grimy as hell. Not my flavor honestly, but I can appreciate the work done here. Really good synth work, nice fat dual panned snares, great stop and go, and the production overall is on point. The vox is applied well. Creative to say the least which is rare to find at times. Good work..

Yea, I always had a trouble with the proper mixing for the Russian Military track. I just can't get it the way I want!! I guess I may need a bit more experience. Glad you liked it tho!
As for the Summer Breeze, I'm happy to hear that u dig it. It's one of my favs from the mixtape. I wanted to tag the hell out of my beats, but I'm giving them away for FREE and so I didn't want too much distraction on the track...
And for Santa's Gold, thx, we do try and be different and original. I'll be recording to it soon and I'll be sure to drop it here on FP and maybe you'll like it better then!!

Thx for the feedback mayn

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Bro i wanna hop on that santas gold! Beat goes haaaard. Check me out https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ck/2-new-acapella-videos-check-me-out-386541/

Go ahead mayn! The beat tape is FREE so download that shit and tell all your friends about Santa Sallet the producer/rapper and MSP!!!
I'll peep your stuff and hit u up with some feedbaclk!

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

yo thanks for the feedback, my bad it took so long to get back, but i checked out santas gold and a really interesting beat. i like the vocals, i thought they coulda been better worked in (i cant understand them the whole time), but besides that i like it. really really heavy track

I see you, but they weren't exactly made to be understood. It's just for the vibe! I have a track written to it, so I didnt want it to take away from the vocals too much...

Thanx for the feedback though and make sure to keep your eye out for my mixtape im droppin next year!

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Very nice! Abit too much clicking on russian military for my taste, but i really like summers breeze, I've always been a sucker for those high pitched vocal parts in beats, very nice! Generally very nice, some of them might be abit hard to rap over, but still, cool and i like it much!

Yea, I was told about the popping and clicking and ala dat, but I'm working on it! so hoepfully my next beat tape (yes there will be another!) will be better!
Glad you liked it! Hope u downloaded it! if not... GET TO IT!

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

The beats and samples are so fresh and out of the box, great work! i've been streaming them on your soundcloud for a while so i wanted to download the tape. Having issues with hulkshare though?!? would mediafire work better? Shit is banging though, keep it up!!

Glad you diggin it. Sorry about the hulkshare though. I got you the mediafire link! Check it out below:
Trying_to_Make_It_(2011).rar

Make sure to use and abuse it and tell all your friends about it!

Find yourself was a great listen :) Love the beat and how funky it all is. Great vibe, and the sampling was well done.

But my favorite by far was Russian Military, that beat just had me! The brass was sexy!

santa's gold i like it. its very unique drum patterns are nice.the sampe you used is nice and goes with it well
Keep doing ur thing

Hm, for "Santa's Gold" Just mix it down right, and it should be good to go, the beat was weird, but interesting enough to keep me engaged. And weird is never really bad, so don't take that the wrong way.

Hm... Find Yourself was nice, i liked the chops you had, great job.

I listened to pussy money weed, nice beat but your mix needs work, unless that's the effect you were going for it's extremely over compressed, and the bass is kinda muddying up the track. Other than that, it could use a couple switch ups too, but its a hot beat.

I listen to a couple random tracks your flips range from decent to really dope but honestly i can't listening to most of your drums. they don't hit hard enough. keep workin on the drum and you'll have bangers.

Santa's Gold:

That sweeping sound could down a bit in levels, sounds louder than some of the other instruments. Snares can be turned up a bit as well. This is def. different, I like the idea of the arp in the hook.

All You gotta Do:

The chops in the intro, they sound too "sudden", I like the sample, but the chop could be cleaned up a bit. Sample in the actual beat is really muffled, sounds like most of its sound is filtered out from the mids and thereforth. I like the sound of it, but the sample needs to be brightened up for clarity. I think you got a nice ear of "where" to sample stuff, just need to work on the mixing area and you'd be str8. This could be a good record if the mix was done correctly. Good beats overall bro, keep at it.

These beats are definitely sick. I like your sampling style. I just recommend giving some of your sounds more character. Some of your tracks sound a little dull which could be to the lack of mastering, but I understand you may have been trying to achieve that sound. Then you did great work here. I could see the potential here if all these tracks were mixed and mastered properly.

Back