Are you mixing your own beats?

I think you should do what is most comfortable for you. If you feel you don't want to spend to much time on mixing and mastering, you should find someone to do it for you :)

Even as a mixing engineer, I would recommend any producer to learn the art as it would help massive with their production skills. I work with a lot of producers who incorporate a lot of mixing skills into the production and then come to me for the final bit of polish.

I didn't before, when I wasn't confident in my mixes. Now, I rarely let anyone touch my mixes, that shit makes me nervous. I had a guy slide my High Hats to the wrong place and the whole beat was wack after that.

I mix all my tracks by myself before releasing them to public. This mainly because to I want to stand out from other hobbyist producers and obviously, it makes a huge difference. I can't afford any second hand help and I think it would be waste of money, since I'm just a home producer after all.

If I were a pro with enough cash, I would definitely get real persons (pros) to mix and master the songs for the best outcome results.

But a tip for the home producers, make the tracks complete before diving into it mixing-wise.

Last edited:
I am and something they are great and others they sound so horrible that i don't even know where to begin in fixing them

Rough mixes for presentation to artists. I wouldn't want something dismissed because my bass wasn't punching through, for example.

Yeah, that's true too. Never produce and mix all in one day, and try to upload up and finish it all. You should always give your ears a break. You can get ear fatigue ^^^
, that's when you think it sounds good, but it kind of doesn't.

I mix all my tracks by myself before releasing them to public. This mainly because to I want to stand out from other hobbyist producers and obviously, it makes a huge difference. I can't afford any second hand help and I think it would be waste of money, since I'm just a home producer after all.

If I were a pro with enough cash, I would definitely get real persons (pros) to mix and master the songs for the best outcome results.

But a tip for the home producers, make the tracks complete before diving into it mixing-wise.
home producer or not you put in work everybody started at the bottom

Back