Wonder Arillo Interview

As far as hip-hop and r&b are concerned whomever makes the beat is the producer. If it were a rock song, that would be different. Even so-called pop music is being steered toward a 'Producer-driven' gengre.

Coop7ca said:
I Don't Think He Produced The Track Cause All He Did Was Play On It.
That's Not Producing. He's A Talented Dude Though.
Is this some hate or what???

^
I wouldn't consider it hate... He mentioned that dude has talent. It's just a difference of opinion as to what garners the "Producer" title.

gsuclew said:
^
I wouldn't consider it hate... He mentioned that dude has talent. It's just a difference of opinion as to what garners the "Producer" title.

Yeah Dre produces but 9 out of 10 times he doesn't make his own beats.
Anybody can make beats. Only certain cats like Polow Da Don And Dr. Dre Can Produce. Like the article about The Trackmasters. They said people say they sold out cause they dont make the beats. They make the songs and thats what matters.

my main point is that it was a co-production situation. Wonder interpolated the melody and Toomp programed the drums. They made it a hot beat, Tip made it a hot song.

LOL. My Grammy certificate says co-producer!!!! But yeah, technically and officially,DJ Toomp, my mentor and big homie, produced the song. However, I am credited as a writer, you can google me (Gabriel W. Arillo).
As far as the creation of the beat (not the production of the song) Toomp and I did that TOGETHER. I did start the basic idea on Reason on my laptop and brought it to him to help fill it out and make it into a proffessional production, which he did masterfully.
Much love to Toomp for showing me the ropes of hip-hop production and putting me in the game, and be on the look out for more hits from us in the future!! :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
hey wonder what do you think is more needed in the game today versatility or having your own sound .how can you have both ?

Last edited:
Well Then Technically Wouldn't Dre's Musicians Or Polow's Musicians Be Producer's Too. Look Your A Great Musician Cause Of What You Played On The Song. But People Call It Production Cause You Make A Beat. Thats Not True. Thats Making A Beat. Anybody Can Do That. You Could Give A Beat To The Same Rapper And It Wouldn't Come Out The If Dre Weren't There Or Whoever.

Coop7ca said:
I Don't Think He Produced The Track Cause All He Did Was Play On It.
That's Not Producing. He's A Talented Dude Though.

So what would you call his playing on the track then?

Coop7ca said:
Well Then Technically Wouldn't Dre's Musicians Or Polow's Musicians Be Producer's Too. Look Your A Great Musician Cause Of What You Played On The Song. But People Call It Production Cause You Make A Beat. Thats Not True. Thats Making A Beat. Anybody Can Do That. You Could Give A Beat To The Same Rapper And It Wouldn't Come Out The If Dre Weren't There Or Whoever.
Please ,i heard countless people who made beats for over 3 years and were garbage.lol but anyway ,y are you trying hard to argue your opinion???? it seems like hatin to me ,i dont care what another person say about what they think it is,cuz your going out of your way just to sidetrack his accomplishments that you yourself have not even achieved yourself ,niether have I.lol cuz nobody responded to your response before this ,then he posted then you had to jump back and try to force your opinion.lol im not trying to get on your case coop but im just calling it how "I" see it.lol he came on here and was extra humble ,then he gets "all you did was play on it" ,what more do you want the man to do???dang.lol I see why alot of the fp cats who got famous dont come here.lol

Wonder Arillo said:
I appreciate all the positive feedback y'all. I know I'm late but.... I was 25 when I made "What You Know" and am 27 now. I went to Georgia State University to learn recording and music theory, also studied filmmaking. Before that I played trombone in school band.
did you get your degree? i've been reading your interviews since way back....when you said you knew how to use pro tools but you didn't in order to get into the studio at georgia state...lol

dabeatdoctor1989 said:
Please ,i heard countless people who made beats for over 3 years and were garbage.lol but anyway ,y are you trying hard to argue your opinion???? it seems like hatin to me ,i dont care what another person say about what they think it is,cuz your going out of your way just to sidetrack his accomplishments that you yourself have not even achieved yourself ,niether have I.lol cuz nobody responded to your response before this ,then he posted then you had to jump back and try to force your opinion.lol im not trying to get on your case coop but im just calling it how "I" see it.lol he came on here and was extra humble ,then he gets "all you did was play on it" ,what more do you want the man to do???dang.lol I see why alot of the fp cats who got famous dont come here.lol

No. I Use Studio Musicians And Work With People All The Time. It's Just No A Days People Think Making A Beat Is Producing. He Should Get Writers Credit Though. He's A Talented Dude And I Wish Him The Best Its Just Not Producing. But If He Was In The Studio Guiding The Artist And Guiding The Engineer And The Musicians And The Writers Then He Should Get Production Credit. But If He Didn't He Shouldn't. Not Even Co Production. But Whatever I Won't Bring It Up Again. I Wish The Best For Dude.

Wonder Arillo said:
I did start the basic idea on Reason on my laptop and brought it to him to help fill it out and make it into a proffessional production

Thats cool, was the whole production done on reason?? or if not just reason then software alone? Amazing production Btw. The reason i ask is because more and MORe producers these days are using reason and reason only to produce there beats.

I was at Dj Kemo's studio of the Rascalz (Canadian Hip Hop) a while back and his Korg Triton and MPC were in a pile in the corner of his studio and all he was using was reason and pro tools. goes to show how powerful of a program reason is.

Back