Better producer kanye or 9th wonder

what are you judging your "better" by?
Clout
repertoire of techniques
professional success
or something completely subjective: the sound of their beats?

only two of those things are objective, and only one of those two things actually matters.

Kanye.

However, 9th isnt as far behind as I used to think. He's evolved so much over the years as has Kanye but something that showcases that is the last track on Kendrick Lamar's - DAMN. Brilliant track with 3 beats in 1. Almost old school Kanye like but with that 9th twist.

Both are way up there though....

It depends on the day really. During the early LB yrs 9th was in a pocket that just hit your soul. And same Ye in the early roc day and his early stuff too. Both dope/legends/inspirational in there own rights. All various on what you looking for.

I love 9th Wonder's beats but Kanye is more well rounded and has done so much classic stuff. His early stuff is great, had so much character.
That said I haven't liked his output since MBDTF album, except Daytona. For me his Nas album was a massive letdown.

In my opinion it's 9th wonder. I think Kanye's personality is a big reason he's so successful. He reminds me of Takashi 69. Like I like Kayne but like I'm not sure if he's as great as people say he is. He's had a couple albums where I'm like wtf. Plus his whole take advantage of church thing kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Just my opinion tho.

I love both producers to this day, but Kanye is a better producer to me. Kanye can capture soul and boom bap like he did when he first came out but he’s evolved much more than 9th.

Back