• epotts06

by Published on 04-17-2012 01:31 AM  Number of Views: 31266 

So I currently attend an audio engineering school in Tempe AZ (I wont mention the name but yes its that school)
    And ...
  • Content by Audiofanzine

Zoom H6 - Limited Use for Everything but Live Recording

by on 04-19-2019 09:03 PM The controls are cumbersome, at best. Between the Menu switch and the arrow slide and switch, you can eventually get most functions to work if you are patient and memorize the weird defaults. Unfor...Read more on Audiofanzine

JBL 104 Reference Monitor - JBL 104 Powered Reference Monitor Review

by on 04-18-2019 11:09 AM This is such a great desktop monitor for home recording musicians or people making audio/video content for (Youtube, etc). These little guys had great results while mixing and editing. The clarity...Read more on Audiofanzine

Roland RD-2000 - It's a Stage General, a Performance Powerhouse, Also Fantastic for the Studio

by on 04-18-2019 09:28 AM First, let me correct something here. The RD 2000 has 8 independent zones (which means, you can play up to 8 patches/sounds at a time, and adjust each of them independently). But you can combine ev...Read more on Audiofanzine

Crate XT120R - Powerhouse Amp

by on 04-14-2019 10:50 PM I bought this amp from Guitar Center after having tried it out with a Gibson LP Studio guitar. It had the kind of "crunch" tone I was looking for in a gain channel with excellent note definition t...Read more on Audiofanzine

Boss BCB-30 Pedal Board - It didn't do it for me

by on 04-14-2019 01:06 PM I bought it on trial for BB-1X Bass Driver, TU3 Tuner and WL-50 Wireless. They were all a tight fit, other than at the top of the right hand bay. You can't unplug the pedals - to save battery whils...Read more on Audiofanzine

nUX Atlantic Delay & Reverb - Incredible Clarity of Delay and Reverb

by on 04-11-2019 04:05 AM [b]SOUND[/b]: The Atlantic (either delay or reverb) produces one of the cleanest and clearest effects I’ve heard. That may not sit well for everyone, as some musicians may prefer either delay or ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Eastwood Guitars Backlund 400 DLX - Great Retro/Modern look with clear bell-like humbuckers

by on 04-09-2019 04:24 AM [b]Features[/b] The Backlund 400 DLX has a mahogany body and neck with a polyurethane finish (it comes in blue, black or red, whereas the model I’m reviewing is red). It is the ‘deluxe’ model as...Read more on Audiofanzine

nUX Cerberus - Fantastic Modulation/Delay/Reverb with Pure Analog Drive/Distortion

by on 04-08-2019 03:58 AM [b]SOUND[/b]: Being of 32-bit quality, the digital components are extremely clear in the mix. Coupled with the Analog Drive and Distortion, the Cerberus is a great sounding unit. The delay and r...Read more on Audiofanzine

Ibanez MBM2 - Surprised by the high quality of the Indonesian build.

by on 04-06-2019 02:54 PM I bought this guitar based solely on its specs. I had never heard of these models until a few weeks ago and am not familiar with the artist who designed them. But he did a great job imo. For my ...Read more on Audiofanzine

KMA Audio Machines Horizont - Advanced Phaser also does Tremolo, Touch-Wah, Vibrato

by on 04-04-2019 04:07 AM [b]SOUND[/b]: The HORIZONT’s is inspiring to use, with its crystal clear JFET phasing tones. The sounds generated vary greatly, as there are dozens of possible combinations. In essence, you can ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Gibson Les Paul Florentine - Outstanding Les Paul for old fashioned players

by on 04-02-2019 10:50 AM I play since 1959. and have owned some 50+ guitars; I still own about 25, 12 Gibson Les Pauls. This is the best one of all my guitars: Custom Shop Les Paul Silver Sparkle Florentine ... it has TH...Read more on Audiofanzine

Pearl OD-05 Over Drive - Excellent versatile od pedal

by on 04-02-2019 01:43 AM Bought this new back in the day, it was my first drive pedal and I’ve been using it up to this day. The od5 is part of Pearl’s short lived attempt into guitar pedals but it’s a very fine pedal neve...Read more on Audiofanzine

Zoom 505 Guitar - A bang for the buck

by on 03-31-2019 11:27 PM At the time, Gibson e347, Peavey 100w transtube, 2 505 in serial connection. In my opinion you can't beat that effect. I used it professionally in NY for years.I play Jazz Brazil Funk stuff. I had...Read more on Audiofanzine

Night Owl Industries Edison Preamp - Easy to Use with an Improvement in Sound

by on 03-31-2019 03:51 AM [b]SOUND[/b]: As a stand-alone preamp, the Edison is very clear, yet full-bodied. When hooking it up to an Axe-Fx II (with Marshall cab simulation), the first thing I noticed is how ‘amp-like’ th...Read more on Audiofanzine

Takamine F360 - Takamine F360S Dreadnought: "Something to look for?"

by on 03-30-2019 01:30 AM This dreadnought already served me for quite a long time. Both in chordwork (strumming) as in soloing work. Before adding a lot of stars I have to say that I owe a genuine Martin D35 and besides...Read more on Audiofanzine

Mooer Ocean Machine - Incredible Sound Scapes is only the beginning

by on 03-29-2019 10:45 AM [b]SOUND[/b]: Although you can use this reverb + dual delay in a very subtle way (a bit of reverb or delay) you will be addicted to hours of play and experimentation as you turn up the mix and mes...Read more on Audiofanzine

JBL L19 - A JBL "Sleeper" Classic

by on 03-29-2019 07:48 AM I recently acquired a pair of these and refurbished them. Both tweeters were dead and the woofers required new surrounds and dust caps. The LE26 tweeters are now discontinued, and rebuild kits are ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Studio Electronics SE-1 - Very nice sounding synth

by on 03-29-2019 01:30 AM I got this in a deal and wasn't expecting too much, but pleasantly surprised. Rather than a newbie buying a Behringer or Korg, I'd rate these higher. Good build quality and a classic sound. Won't r...Read more on Audiofanzine

Epiphone Korina Flying V 7-String - This is it.

by on 03-26-2019 10:16 PM One of the finest instruments to come out of asia. Once setup, this super rare 7 string korean V sets the standard among my US and FujiGen 7 string collection in overall playability. Once the p'ups...Read more on Audiofanzine

Orange Acoustic Pre - Organic and Authentic Sounding

by on 03-26-2019 03:20 AM [b]SOUND[/b]: The Orange Acoustic Pre is incredibly full-bodied, clear, warm, harmonically rich, organic and with natural compression – unlike many other acoustic preamps that color your sound or ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Yamaha ERG121 - Still have it after 15 years.

by on 03-25-2019 06:44 PM This was my first guitar and I still love it. I've been playing off and on (mostly off) for 15 years. I would never sell it. Not only because of nostalgia but because it's basically a great begin...Read more on Audiofanzine

Keeley Electronics Aria Compressor Drive - Natural Compression with Biting Drive

by on 03-22-2019 03:31 AM [b]SOUND[/b]: There are two things that comprise the Keeley Aria. First, the Compressor side of the pedal is one of the best available. Keeley Electronics is known for its compressor and I suspe...Read more on Audiofanzine

Kawai KG2E - Very stable, well made

by on 03-16-2019 02:31 AM My Kawai KG3E was made in 1990. I traded in my Kawai KG1E for this piano along with a cash differential to move from a 5' 4" instrument to a 6' 1" instrument. First, I live in a large city and visi...Read more on Audiofanzine

Fender CD-60 [2006-2010] - One Of The Best Guitars You Can Get

by on 03-14-2019 04:17 AM The Fender CD-60 is definitely one of the best acoustic guitars you can get, and that's with a very good price. What i liked the most about it is that it can be played by both beginners and profess...Read more on Audiofanzine

Myriad Harmony Assistant - Service online

by on 03-12-2019 06:01 AM Use a Mac. Music writing so-so, extensive manual and videos. Online help if problem encountered is abysmal. Recently asked if doing something wrong or was software issue in importing a file of d...Read more on Audiofanzine

Rozini Brazilian Cavaquinho Estudent - Real Brazilian student Cavaco

by on 03-12-2019 04:41 AM The Cavaco itself has a much thinner more Mandolin type neck than my other Cavaquinhos but the body is much bigger. The Soundboard is pine with that lovely pine lumber yard smell. With the steel st...Read more on Audiofanzine

Harley Benton Kahuna CLU-36t - Attractive and different for a wood body single cone resonator Ukulele

by on 03-09-2019 04:05 PM It's VERY light for a resonator Ukulele, and quite small for a Tenor with a 42cm scale length, but it does have a very chunky neck and feels very solidly and nicely made. Its quite quiet for a reso...Read more on Audiofanzine

Korg microSAMPLER - Easy to use Sampling Keyboard

by on 03-09-2019 02:00 PM Pro: Recessed Knobs, Ease of Use. Battery Powered, Lightweight but rugged, Sample Transfer to/from Computer via USB. Free Sample Editor, Bonus free Sample Library as download via Korg Website, Flas...Read more on Audiofanzine

Roland S-760 - No Toy for Noobs

by on 03-09-2019 12:01 PM Pro: Video Output um das winzige Display auf einem grossen Bildscirm abzubilden. Macht Sinn! Aber auch die Bedienerführung an der Gerätefront ist sehr einfach zu erlernen. Exzellente Filter. grossa...Read more on Audiofanzine

IK Multimedia iRig Pads Editor - great product. already testing

by on 03-08-2019 09:40 PM i love irig. im already testing and i cant connect well with ableton so i wanna download the editor so i can configure it and use it as i want. i love techno and techhouse im dj and productor and i...Read more on Audiofanzine