• Cameron Thomas

There is no available content written by Cameron Thomas
  • Content by Audiofanzine

DiMarzio DP261 PAF Master Bridge - Cannot dial out fuzz

by on 05-29-2020 04:51 PM The one bad rap about Dimarzios is many of them have a fuzz you cannot dial out. This one is a case in point. Ye3ah, it is dynamic and shit, but once you crank the gain on even a JCM800, the crunch...Read more on Audiofanzine

DiMarzio DP215 Evo 2 Bridge - Just Get a Breed

by on 05-29-2020 02:48 PM Look, we aren't Vai. For mere mortals, just get a Breed.Unless you have techs that can adjust the settings on amps and and full band mix , even the Evo2 is a highly advanced pickup, still prone to ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Boss OD-20 Drive Zone - gotta know how to use it

by on 05-29-2020 11:01 AM I tried. And I tried. Could never get a great sound. However, I A/B this unit with some of the originals and it sounded BETTER than BOSS originals. Just now I was morbidly curious and I put it a...Read more on Audiofanzine

Eko Camaro Reissue - Awesome Guitar! One of my favorites and I have 11

by on 05-28-2020 12:55 PM I was originally drawn to this guitar in a local shop in DFW. I saw another guitar in its general area and picked it up and it felt like it was 10 pounds. Then I saw this one and picked it up. I wa...Read more on Audiofanzine

Harrison Information Technology LTD sp2000 - Simply Perfection

by on 05-13-2020 09:24 AM As a DJ, I was looking for a modular mixer that gave me a lot more flexibility than those currently on the market. I was doing some complex shows in the 80s where I needed 2/3 mics and at least 2 X...Read more on Audiofanzine

Roland JV-880 - This rack module has quite a bang in sound quality with an external sound editor

by on 05-10-2020 02:37 PM The product is used for studio use. I have the studio setup for DAW and non DAW. I was impressed with several Youtube presentations of the JV-880 that I purchased 2 units. The JV-880 has: MIDI/in/o...Read more on Audiofanzine

Hufschmid Guitars Tantalum - Hufschmid Tantalum (Blue Burst) 6 string Guitar Review

by on 05-08-2020 02:55 AM I first noticed Patrick’s work on the Internet around 5 years ago. I was instantly intrigued by the pics he made, how every single one was hand made by him and their unique, purpose built design,...Read more on Audiofanzine

Quilter Labs Tone Block 202 - Beautiful Sound with Diverse Features

by on 05-06-2020 06:15 AM [b]OVERVIEW[/b]: The Tone Block 202 is a 200-watt solid state amplifier. Developed to be a multi-platform amp (for guitar, bass or keyboards), it connects to a speaker cabinet, PA system or direct...Read more on Audiofanzine

RCF Ayra Pro 5 - Amazing non popular speakers

by on 05-05-2020 12:16 PM This speaker has been a great discovery for my setup. I mainly use them for post production editing, but I also do music production and mixing. And I love to listen to music on good studio monitors...Read more on Audiofanzine

Music Man Axis - Incredibly well built guitar

by on 04-30-2020 02:40 PM I bought this honey burst quilt top on CL for $1650.00 CAD (approx $1240.00 USD). It was used, but basically unplayed. Incredible value imo. My favourite guitar of my three Ibanez as well as Custom...Read more on Audiofanzine

Loop Master 4 Looper (Strip) - Be prepared to wait.

by on 04-28-2020 07:03 AM I ordered this pedal Thanksgiving of 2019 as of today no product and all communication has stopped. Obviously this is a scam, he asked you to be patient while the time runs out for you stop paymen...Read more on Audiofanzine

clinchFX EP-Pre - Simple & Straight-forward Never Made Your Tone Sound So Good

by on 04-26-2020 10:27 AM [b]USE & SOUND [/b]A classic and sought-after tone polisher, the EP-PRE is based on the Echoplex 3 Tape Delay preamp. If you already like your tone, imagine an extra dimension in harmonics and ess...Read more on Audiofanzine

Sonic Timeworks CompressorX - plmplm

by on 04-25-2020 11:06 PM By clicking on 'Validate', you agree to publish an honest, factual opinion without excessive or otherwise insulting language. In doing so, you also confirm that you are not a direct or indirect emp...Read more on Audiofanzine

Zoom H6 - You Can Overdub the LR Channel on a Zoom H6

by on 04-23-2020 12:47 PM I'm adding this review here as a previous review mentioned that this excellent product has a significant shortcoming, you can't lay down two stereo tracks using the LR Channel, the one with the Zoo...Read more on Audiofanzine

LinPlug Octopus - Quel son ! pas du tout d'accord avec le review précédent.

by on 04-17-2020 02:09 AM Alors OK, l'interface est minuscule, chiante, pas logique, et il faut un bon bon moment pour prendre la main et comprendre la logique (surtout que le plugin a un probleme de refresh dans FL studio ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Cockos Reaper 5 - Be Careful When Creating A File-Storage Folder

by on 04-13-2020 01:43 PM I installed Reaper, created a file on an external USB hard drive to try to contain the wave files, noticed a duplication of the main file, and deleted the second storage file. I had a "Test File" ...Read more on Audiofanzine

S71 Guitars S71 Custom Shop Guitars - J'en possède "trois", des PURES MERVEILLES

by on 04-13-2020 12:02 AM J'avais commandé trois différentes S71 Custom Shop en l'espace de quelques mois, deux du type Relic et une qui est un tribute à Andy Timmons avec un fini Sunburst. Mon Andy Timmons est TOTAL PERFE...Read more on Audiofanzine

Lounsberry Pedals Tall & Fat - Add Richness and Depth to Your Amp/Overdrive

by on 04-09-2020 05:12 AM [b]SOUND[/b]: If you refer to the demo accompanying this review, it opens with a short digital organ segment, since the Tall & Fat was designed originally for that purpose and to make a digital or...Read more on Audiofanzine

Santander EAG-303 - Santander 303 Jazz Guitar

by on 04-07-2020 11:49 PM Please excuse spec in review, I tried to edit spec, editor closed and locked me out. Full size Archtop, Hollow Body 55 x 43.5 x 8.5 cm, Double f-hole, Mahogany top, back and sides, Arched bottom ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Sennheiser e 840 - Best mic on the market

by on 03-30-2020 06:08 AM I have SM58 and E840. The Sennheiser blows the sm58 away imo. Absolutely love this mic had it for 12 years. I have a low to mid voice but its bass tones are great. If youre starting out i...Read more on Audiofanzine

Cambridge Audio Edge W - Cambridge Audio Edge W — Stereo Power Amplifier

by on 03-29-2020 09:25 AM [b]Overview[/b] The Edge W, from Cambridge Audio, has become my reference power amplifier. I own several others, including a 40 Watt into 8Ω Class A solid state, and a 40W Class D. I have tried th...Read more on Audiofanzine

CeriaTone Horse Breaker - Merging the Centaur with the Bluesbreaker, a Plethora of Tone is Yours for the Taking

by on 03-29-2020 04:15 AM [b]BACKGROUND[/b]: Take two of the most popular drive pedals, the Klon Centaur and the Marshall Bluesbreaker, and combine them into one pedal that allows each to function separately or together ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Lounsberry Pedals Nigel Touch Overdrive - Amp-like Response with Superb Dynamics

by on 03-28-2020 04:51 AM [b]BACKGROUND[/b]: Nigel is not your typical overdrive, and its full name (Nigel Studio Touch Overdrive) nails it on the head. This pedal is incredibly touch-sensitive and a little drive goes a lo...Read more on Audiofanzine

Sonic Timeworks Millenium Pack - fdf

by on 03-26-2020 04:14 PM What configuration, software and musical style or context do you use with this plug-in? What do you think of its stability and overall performance? Is the plug-in easy to use? Is the user manual c...Read more on Audiofanzine

Ibanez AR300 Reissue - IBANEZ AR 300 COREA (CORT)

by on 03-25-2020 05:27 AM SCHEDA TECNICA IBANEZ AR300 - BS (Brown Sumburst) - Made in COREA costruita in CORT S/N: XXXXXXX P/N: 2244-0504-026-3-01-5/IBANEZ M0103 / AR300-BS (prodotta 04/ 2005) Corpo (body): un unico p...Read more on Audiofanzine

img Stage Line Compressor Limiter MCL-200 - Punches FAR above its Weight

by on 03-24-2020 02:31 AM Fantastic two channel compressor/limiter. Benchmark testing has shown it (surprisingly for its price) compares favourably to units 4/5x its price. Buy one. You won't regret it guaranteed. Fa...Read more on Audiofanzine

Valco Bloodbuzz - Multi-Vocing Fuzz & Overdrive with many Tone Possibilities

by on 03-23-2020 09:34 AM [b]OVERVIEW[/b]: Bloodbuzz is one of the more diverse pedals, with a fuzz and overdrive combination that can be setup in different ways within itself and with other gear. The wide-ranging gains, t...Read more on Audiofanzine

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rackmount - Holy Grill Tone Monster!

by on 03-23-2020 08:31 AM Semi professional on the road and recording with this monster never let me down fat juicy tones Larger than life right out of the Box! Sounded amazing with every one of my guitars Paul Reed Smith, ...Read more on Audiofanzine

Rotel RA-1210 - Absolutely fantastic sound

by on 03-22-2020 08:40 AM I have over 30 amplifiers from Cyrus DAC to Naim Nait 5i. Picked the RA 1210 up at a bargain price and took a gamble as it had not been tested. Got it fully serviced , and Wow !!!! What wonderful s...Read more on Audiofanzine

Ibanez SR305E - 2 necks in 2 years failed

by on 03-21-2020 06:06 AM Although it looks and sounds much like the other SR basses, the 305E specifically in Pearl Fade White has now had necks fail 2 times on me in 2 years. Technician believes it is a manufacturing flaw...Read more on Audiofanzine