Would this work? Interface speakers record player

Wontu

Would this all work? Equator d5s, interface, record player
I'm planning on buying equator d5s to use as speakers for my computer and record player. I need an interface that I'd also like to be able to power my mic tha needs phantom power. My record player has RCA outputs. Would this work for what I want?
http://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-US-200-4-out-Audio-Interface/dp/B004OA6JV6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3CA7GTXSHSFLR&coliid=I2JLKONFPXEB4X

I produce music and just love listening to music. I'm not TOO into production but it's a big hobby of mine. Let me know thank you!

Your turntable needs a phono preamp - some modern ones have one already built in, in which case you can just plug its outputs to line level inputs. If it doesn't have one, then you need one (there are standalone units & basically all DJ mixers have these, plus a few interfaces - but these are so scarce that it severely limits your choices). The Tascam unit only has two inputs, so you can't hook up the turntable & mic at the same time (the RCAs on the back of it are all outputs). There aren't too many interfaces at this low a price point with more than two inputs, but if you can spend a bit more, the options open up.

Okay thank you for the reply. If I were toget a phono preamp that had a 1/4 trs output and then I got something like this:
Amazon.com: Tascam US-144MKII USB Audio Interface: Musical Instruments

Would it work then? Speakers connect to back with XLR, mic goes in front along with record player

---------- Post added 12-02-2012 at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-29-2012 at 08:53 AM ----------

Bump! I don't want to spend money on things that don't even work for me lol

Back