Would the akai mpc 500 suit me?

G

gnr2206

All i really want is hard ware that can bang out sounds and sequence. Should i save up for the 1k or 2kxl but i dont really need it or should i get it??

the 500 is harder to use id say if u must have a hardware piece cop an EPS you can get them for $100 they sound good and are easier to use

the 500 is harder to use id say if u must have a hardware piece cop an EPS you can get them for $100 they sound good and are easier to use

yeah i was looking at them. there fairly good

im moving to hardware. i hate being tied to the screen of a computer

I made the same move for the same reason and I came to the realisation that you are going to be tied to a computer regardless. Unless you plan to go back to cassettes or tape machines. Daws make production a lot easier not to mention storage. Even with modern hardware storage still isn't fun. Not to mention the price to fix hardware isn't fun either. My mpc 2000 isnt working right now and to get it fixed will cost almost as much as I paid for the machine 2 weeks prior to it dying. I can sell the screen in it for the same price as I paid for the whole machine. I'm making this point because hardware adds on a lot of new expenses. As much as I enjoy working with hardware software in this day and age makes more sense. I'd recommend against making the jump.

Back