What to do with my Income Tax!!

Avion

I want to buy a computer to make beats with! I am not going to buy a Mac. I repeat, I am not going to buy a Mac. Can someone give me a good computer to buy? I dont want a laptop, im looking for a tower so the upgrade could be a lot cheaper. And i heard that HP laptop by dr. dre sucks, so what do I do? Any minimum requirements that I should take into consideration? Are there any good deals that anyones seen out there?

Groceries/savings fund.

But if you want to buy a computer HP makes some pretty nice ones if you don't want to build one, and I would generally stay away from DELL from my experiences with them. IMO building computers is rather silly these days unless your doing something ridiculously hardcore considering how cheap you can get a nice desktop for.

Groceries/savings fund.

But if you want to buy a computer HP makes some pretty nice ones if you don't want to build one, and I would generally stay away from DELL from my experiences with them. IMO building computers is rather silly these days unless your doing something ridiculously hardcore considering how cheap you can get a nice desktop for.

I can't honestly agreed with this. Building is the definite way to go if you're into audio. You get better quality parts for less money. And it's not hard to put a computer together.

If you've ever spent any time with Lego's, that's all the experience you need in building a computer.

If you're into audio, there's no reason to not have a strong quad core computer (3.0GHZ or more) with a minimum of 4GBs RAM and a 500GB - 1TB hard drive for under $600. A comparable computer pre-made will run almost 2 times more.

I can't honestly agreed with this. Building is the definite way to go if you're into audio. You get better quality parts for less money. And it's not hard to put a computer together.

If you've ever spent any time with Lego's, that's all the experience you need in building a computer.

If you're into audio, there's no reason to not have a strong quad core computer (3.0GHZ or more) with a minimum of 4GBs RAM and a 500GB - 1TB hard drive for under $600. A comparable computer pre-made will run almost 2 times more.

You can already buy a computer with those specs for less then $600 though. I have nothing against building computers, I've done it in the past; I just think there's a lot of options out there to suffice most people already; especially people that feel intimidated in the process. I've since switched to a Mac so I don't do any building anymore, but it's a feasible option if that's what your after.

Back