what is the best audio interface with windows 7 64 and good preamps,lots of gain

B

biigjosh

I will need this to produce and record vocals on fl studio witha shure smb7 and I might b uy pro tools
or i should i just get a preamp and a souncard or anything else

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no such thing as the best.

with that being said, if this is your first foray into audio interfaces i would recommend the focusrite saffire series of interfaces, those preamps are the cleanest ive seen yet. I have used a mackie onyx blackjack, alesis io2, alesis multimix, and tascam something but the focusrites have the best preamps out of all of those. Please note this is only in the under $300 category. Im sure there is even better stuff out there in the +$300 range but like i said if this is your first try you probably wont feel like spending more than that on an interface. My post is done and I am now ready for people to flame me for sounding like a shill. Also, I know nothing about pro tools, somebody else help this guy out.

edit: oh you have another thread, i suck

Last edited:
Is there any even better preamp for audi interfaces then those he named.Im willing to spend money for good quality

If you have the cash there would be better options. Or you could pick up a compressor to go with that pre. I really like a analog compressor in the chain after the mic pre before going into the computer. Just a light ratio, but enough where you dont need to worry about someone being too loud on the mic. Adds a nice analog ooomph to your sound to. Pro tools is meh in my opinion. Lots of people have it and use it, but there are better options. I really like the flow of cubase 5 personally. But to each there own. I guess 9 has some descent new features. I have PT 8, but its nothing to brag about as far as DAW's go. Are you looking to buy from a store or online? Sweetwater has some petty good reps and have always helped me with slowly cobbling my studio together. Just let them know your budget and they can help work something out. I have a buddy who works there and they have a gear library where they can just check gear out. Most reps are really knowledgeable of the gear they sell and have had hands on time with it.

Back