What genre is my track (c64 remix)?

Nad0xD400

I studied classical composition and made a remix of an old favourite C64 game of my dad's, which won me a demoscene (Arok Party 2023). It was finished at the last minute and now I want to organise the piece a bit.
I'm stuck at the point where I don't usually listen to this kind of music (techno, trance and the like) so I'm stuck with the genre classification.
I got some constructive criticism on the mix and mastering, but it would be nice to get some feedback from the community here. Finally, since the main focus of the contest was more about recreating the feel of the C64 game I didn't deviate too much from the tune, but it might be worth doing a more variation version? Is it good enough to be worth working on?

You can listen to the music here and thanks for your advice and comments!

This is more like cyberpunk/synthwave type style of music I believe. I mean I could make up a genre called gamecore haha but then that would just fall under Music Composition in general and I mean like soundtrack type music. Reach out to me tho I do like this type of music my insta is dead_avocado I know a weird name but I have a story behind it lmfao.

and also it is very good tbh. The mixing and mastering are really great. But If you want something to be so stand out. Try to make something like 1788-L sounding and you will top the charts with that remix.

Back