What FP really needs

Bango Skank

top billin'
What FP really needs:

Less categories.

Open up the Hip Hop RnB forum
I see this forum as like "the corner" on FP, its where everybody hangs out and spends the most time. We should be allowed to post whatever we want there. The review section is a joke. If it functioned well and wasn't a ghost town it would be different.

Voting system on each post. Like the "was this post helpful? + -" on http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/211039-linear-search-on-two-arrays/ I would probably exclude the - vote, and simply have something like "did you like this post? +"

Last edited:
I disagree. As a matter of fact, I think we need more subforums (but they need to be modded better). I have some other suggestions too. I'll start a new thread soon in "About FP.com" section about what FP REALLY needs

There was a thread started by Chater-LA asking for suggestions for the new site redesign, but I can't seem to find it now. In fact theres a couple threads I cant seem to find all of a sudden, hmmmm...

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

oh the artist of the month really needs to be easy to submit to. How many of you reading this know to enter for next month you have to make your own thread and make sure you have "feb artist of the month submission" somehwere in the title?

if you click on the mixtape cover of statixx right now, it should take you to a page where satix could post whatever links and jpgs and then have a link to submit a track for next months AOTM.

Last edited:
No wonder no one found it. The Hip-Hop n R&B section is pretty much FP to me. I go to Flip This when I have a flip, and I post every now and again in the software section, but this is where its at for me. Id love to see less sub categories so that we can expand the conversation a lil bit better instead of 1000 Lil B Saved Me Threads.

What FP needs is less people posting threads in the wrong forum (like this one which I've duly moved). It also needs people to open their eyes:
Open up the Hip Hop RnB forum"
:read my post in the following: https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356097

There was a thread started by Chater-LA asking for suggestions for the new site redesign, but I can't seem to find it now. In fact theres a couple threads I cant seem to find all of a sudden, hmmmm...

Whats that supposed to mean? That you don't know how to use the search function?

"We should be allowed to post whatever we want there" - you clearly dont understand how a forum works so you?

"If it functioned well and wasn't a ghost town it would be different." - and whose fault is this: members who are only interested in self promotion.

"oh the artist of the month really needs to be easy to submit to. How many of you reading this know to enter for next month you have to make your own thread and make sure you have "feb artist of the month submission" somehwere in the title? " - those that want to enter know that, as can be seen form the threads in that forum. Those who dont know that dont simply becasue they haven't bothered to read the stuck thread.

"it should take you to a page where satix could post whatever links and jpgs" - again, this is already in place. The featured artist provides the link: if they dont have their own webpage somewhere, and just a file hosted somewhere, then thats up to them.

so i think that concludes the point that, as is constantly mentioned, "haters wanna hate".
All the above points about "what FP really needs", FP already has. :banghead:

I really do have a couple of serious suggestions for mods. I know, there is place for that in a survey, but I already finished it and now I'm not allowed to fill another one lol. So I'll just start a new thread in the coming days

No wonder no one found it. The Hip-Hop n R&B section is pretty much FP to me. I go to Flip This when I have a flip, and I post every now and again in the software section, but this is where its at for me. Id love to see less sub categories so that we can expand the conversation a lil bit better instead of 1000 Lil B Saved Me Threads.

:cheers:

I really do have a couple of serious suggestions for mods. I know, there is place for that in a survey, but I already finished it and now I'm not allowed to fill another one lol. So I'll just start a new thread in the coming days

go ahead and post them here most of us are open to suggestion

What FP needs is less people posting threads in the wrong forum (like this one which I've duly moved). It also needs people to open their eyes: :read my post in the following: https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356097

Whats that supposed to mean? That you don't know how to use the search function?

"We should be allowed to post whatever we want there" - you clearly dont understand how a forum works so you?

"If it functioned well and wasn't a ghost town it would be different." - and whose fault is this: members who are only interested in self promotion.

"oh the artist of the month really needs to be easy to submit to. How many of you reading this know to enter for next month you have to make your own thread and make sure you have "feb artist of the month submission" somehwere in the title? " - those that want to enter know that, as can be seen form the threads in that forum. Those who dont know that dont simply becasue they haven't bothered to read the stuck thread.

"it should take you to a page where satix could post whatever links and jpgs" - again, this is already in place. The featured artist provides the link: if they dont have their own webpage somewhere, and just a file hosted somewhere, then thats up to them.

so i think that concludes the point that, as is constantly mentioned, "haters wanna hate".
All the above points about "what FP really needs", FP already has. :banghead:

Dude, Carnage I honestly dont know where youre coming from in this. I said the hip hop R&B forum should be open for anything, not every forum. I said we should reduce the number of forums

Forum List:
GEAR
THEORY
THE CORNER
[some name for the rock/metal hangout]
[some name for the electronica]
CONTRIBUTE
(members can post links or preferably upload things like kits, individual drum samples, loops of original music, whatever)

I really dont understand how you can think that I'm a hater because the way we have to sign up for artist of the month is complicated right now. How could making it easier seriously make things worse? Is something better becuase it is more complicated? I dont get it.

I really dont understand how you can think that I'm a hater because the way we have to sign up for artist of the month is complicated right now.
I really don't understand how it could be complicated.. There is a section for it with a sticky that has instructions on how it works..

Chater-La said:
1. If you are an FP member with a minimum of 70 posts
2. And you have produced original tracks, with without vocals, with without sampling. (simply flipping or remixing a track is not enough).

You can apply.

If you want to apply, start a thread with a link to the track you'd like to submit.

Sounds fairly simple to me.

Should be a 'General news' and some kind of Freeposting section,
Where we just crack dumb ass jokes

And LESS subcategories, its better to have 1 category that has 10k post then having 10k categories and 1 post in each.

Oh and, MOAR COLORS!

FP Looks so dull! Admins need a special name color, and mods and stuff

And we need like a Member groups thing, etc: User that has posted over 100 beats gets 'Beatmaking chef' title, or something like that.

Last edited:
And LESS subcategories, its better to have 1 category that has 10k post then having 10k categories and 1 post in each.

Maybe a "view all threads by time and date" kind of option for the people who don't like going through different forum sections?

Last edited:
Maybe a "view all threads by time and date" kind of option for the people who don't like going through different forum sections?
And a link bar, with clear links,

Also a link to your name, so you can view your profile easier, this allows for more visitor messages, thus improving sociality.

Oh and, MOAR COLORS!

FP Looks so dull! Admins need a special name color, and mods and stuff

And we need like a Member groups thing, etc: User that has posted over 100 beats gets 'Beatmaking chef' title, or something like that.

We have a free posting section its called the music break room. thats what it was for. general news happens usually in about FP but people come here and only go to the sections they deem interesting then complain about FP as a whole. I think the seperated sections are good in a lot of ways though I would probably reduce the daw and vst/soundpack sections to its own section as well as hardware sequencers and hardware synths and midi controllers into its own section outside of that i think the sections are great. What colors do you want to see? I made this suggestion also

We have a free posting section its called the music break room. thats what it was for. general news happens usually in about FP but people come here and only go to the sections they deem interesting then complain about FP as a whole. I think the seperated sections are good in a lot of ways though I would probably reduce the daw and vst/soundpack sections to its own section as well as hardware sequencers and hardware synths and midi controllers into its own section outside of that i think the sections are great. What colors do you want to see? I made this suggestion also

Orange, Purple, some fresh colors, I know its not 'gangsta' but it will blow some life in the colours

edit: baby blue man, cant forget that!

Last edited:

Again this confirms my earlier point: people complain about something the site already has.

Also there used to be different member titles based on post count, with members only getting an avatar at 1000 posts. But this encourages junk posting just to up post count.

Back