What do I need for recording digital piano with USB-B port and vocals?

cherryy

Hey everyone! I really hope someone can tell me what I need here! I have a digital piano which has a USB-B port and a line out port. My mic will need an audio interface with phantom power (I've got the Neumann KMS 105) for recording. I'm a real newby at recording, but what I want is to be able to record my mic and my digital piano at the same time, while being able to hear both of them without latency through headphones.

Now I know that I could just plug my digital piano directly into my computer with a USB cable, but then I wouldn't be able to use the direct monitoring from the interface to hear my vocals without latency, because the piano wouldn't be hooked up to the interface

Is there a way to connect my digital piano to the interface as well, so that I could hear both my vocals and the piano through it? If so, which interface do you recommend? And what kind of cables do I need?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Your digital piano most likely has analog audio outputs as well. Use those to connect to the interface and record the "traditional" way.

Back