vintage hardware as a bitcrusher

BrownWonda

indians love hip-hop.
I like using the bitcrusher in logic for my drums, but iv been thinking about trying to resample my drums through vintage hardware for a more authentic sound.
i heard the akai s-612 would be great, but it doesnt have stereo outs, anyone got better ideas?
i know i can shell out the dough for a drum machine, but i like battery's convenience

what kind of classic sound are you looking for? In a lot of cases I would just tell someone to get an S900 or an EPS 16 for the sound if you have the patience for it

warm crunchy sound for my drums. i want to get the sound of the old drums samplers while still having the convenience of battery

i found an s900 cheap online and im seriously considering to get it. I want to make sure tho, if I run my drums from logic into the s900 and back into logic, will it convert the drums to 12 bit in real time?

youll have to run your samples into it sample it then record it back to ur daw for editing

i got a friend who uses this in his studio and checked it out, its ****in AWESOME, great sound, i recommend this for anyone looking to get a lo-fi sound

Back