Thoughts about Curbi's music ? Does an amazing melody , unique sounds and presets mak

karimchahine

Curbi has been a big inspiration to me since 2013. I really love his music. I have one question for all of you people : What do you think of 'Dime' in terms of the mix (youtube.com/watch?v=thVhDpBuxtI) ? This is one of my favorite songs and it's the track that got him most of his recognition but idk why I do not really like the mix. Listen to SvanteG - Insomnia (youtube.com/watch?v=UUWdDidB1O0). The mix sounds a lot cleaner and better imo. What do you think ? Curbi did an amazing work with dime and he is now signed to Spinnin' Records. His new music sounds a lot better now but really different from other producers (in terms of the mix) , but still better than before. Is Dime a good example to say that unique melodies and sounds make up for a bad mix ?

As an unsigned producer, you're more of a well-rounded producer. You must EQ, sound engineer, mix, and master your own tracks (unless you pay for a third party to do so).

When you're signed to Spinnin', they got people to do that for ya. Most likely anyways. Maybe Curbi did it himself; I think he is very talented and do love his music, so props to him.

Melodies can be captivating, and to the untrained ear, may indeed make up for a bad mix. Not everyone listens to songs with such precision as other producers do, or with high quality speakers.

Back