technics 1210 info

Joe H

hey! wanted some info;

a dude is selling 2 x technics 1210s
and a Gemini pr(s?) 626 pro-2 mixer for Australian $1850.
I feel this is way too much, what do people think the stuff is worth? I possibly won't be able to look at the stuff.

>>> someone told me about an American DJ package, is that stuff any good???

Hey man

well you can get a Technics 1200 for around 450 american each new. Then that mixer is around 160 american

I have heard that Gemini doesn't make the greatest mixer....but don't take my word for it. I am just a newbie that has been reading everything he can

Yes (thanks DJschoebs for the details), it seems that this guy is selling his stuff at a *brand new price*.

Thanks a lot fellas, I think maybe I shouldn't pay more than 1200$ for the lot. Now, what are the differences between a 1210 and a 1200? And how good are "American DJ" tuntables and mixers?

Joe.

I think the only dif. is the color (silver or black)
I think.. Maybe someone else will have more detail

Well in the beginning there was a difference, but only in the US. In Europe it has always been only the color that differs.
But in the USA, in the early days, the difference was that an SL1210 had a 110/220V voltage selector on the bottom, and the 1200 did not.
But now all the models have this selector, so it's only the color that differs.

Is it stupid buying these 1210s second hand? a guy in the music store said if they were used in a club (which they were), than they would be screwed from all the smoke and dust. Is there a way I can check them to make sure they're sweet? - or should I just buy crappy tables new?

What I would do m8, is go and have a look at these ones that maybe screwed as then u can see what u think for your self take a friend along who has some experience with Decks. Remember that the guy in the music store will be trying to sell you his ones, so he is going to say that anything else is crap. Find out why the ones in the club have been replaced and then see if you think that they are worth having. Most probably if a club has got rid of some decks then there is something wrong with them, but just have a look like I said.

To be safe have your mind on getting some cheaper decks new, but if the 1210s really look in neat condition then you have the choice. Don’t be pressurised into buying the second hand ones, as you want what is best for you.

It’s your money -

Sub

Back