Tallen - Prelude (Oldschool beat, f4f)

"Prelude"

Composition: The Idea for this is real dope. I cant even lie. I think when it comes to sampling the simplicity of the chopping makes all the difference & you did just that. Just wish when you used the sample of the vocal that said "One" every other time you used it.. you dug to find a record that said "Two" & then "Three" to change it up because it then begins to sound like a loop... which i dont like at all... And last But not least.. it didnt have any botom (Bass)... was looking for a Bass that was melodic or Animated like Alchemist or Nottz. But since there was no bottom it sounded really empty. if you cant play bass.. Network with someone who may be able to help you out.

Mix: I didnt really notice a mix at all. I just felt as if the record was created then rendered. So maybe compressing your kicked drum & EQing around 60hz would give it the depth you need to make them hit in your chest. as for the Clap/Snare you have. Put as 2-7% wet factor on your reverb to make it have a little life & sit better in the mix.

Overall: Great Idea but im curious to see what your network can do for you to take it to the next level.

Return the Feedback, Please... Rock Bottom, LLC.

Back