Some digging advice please

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, when you guys are digging do you tend to go and listen to the entire discography of an artist or an entire album of an artist or just one or two songs and then on to the next one?

Depends how much time you have. I try to listen to the whole record. If you don't have time, you could listen to one or two songs at a time then go back to it later.

I tend to scan the album dropping the needle on different parts of each song till I come across something I like.

i listen to the whole record unless i can't stand the music, in which case i move the needle over it looking for something redeeming and if there's nothing i put it in my graveyard of records i either listen to one more time before throwing away/donating or just flat out get rid of it if i really don't like it.

i listen to the whole record unless i can't stand the music, in which case i move the needle over it looking for something redeeming and if there's nothing i put it in my graveyard of records i either listen to one more time before throwing away/donating or just flat out get rid of it if i really don't like it.

Save em and revisit them in a few years. You'll be suprised how much your ear changes over time.

Back