Software causing CPU to max out!

Terrelle1

Alright, on my computer i run Fl studio, and Native Instruments essentials. Every time i use more than 4 or 5 sounds from NI my computer load goes to 98% and im left with a distorted sound unless i take some of the sounds off. This happens even when i put the buffer rate to the max! So is it that my computer isn't powerful enough or is it Fl Studio? Here's the spec on my computer:

Dell Optiplex GX-620
Pentium 4 HT Processor 3.2 GHz
2 GB or RAM
80 GB Hard Drive
Windows XP
Using a Lexicon Alpha audio Interface

try using fewer VST(i)'s at the same time. do track freezing when needed. and optimize your system for DAW use. you may need to disable unneeded windows services and scheduled tasks.

try using fewer VST(i)'s at the same time. do track freezing when needed. and optimize your system for DAW use. you may need to disable unneeded windows services and scheduled tasks.

I'll give it a try since i just found out i can only upgrade my computer to a pentium D processor.

Heavy duty work does require a heavy duty processor.

I'm sure you can tweak a few things to yield slightly better performance... but there's no true way around it. You'll need to upgrade to a new computer. If your motherboard doesn't take anything higher than that... you'll need a fresh start to accomplish what you truly want to do. There's no way around that.

Back