reccomend sampler/drum machine

tn_nc

dem killuz
FL is the only software im familiar with.. and its hard for me to get the drums to sound right or really blend the way i intend and i end up just layering and layering when id like to use a single drum sometimes.. im wondering if i should try a sampler or drum machine, like the sp series (dont have much to spend), or a mv or mpc, or something else.. or am i better off just using effects in FL to get the best sound and workflow.. ?

FL is the only software im familiar with.. and its hard for me to get the drums to sound right or really blend the way i intend and i end up just layering and layering when id like to use a single drum sometimes.. im wondering if i should try a sampler or drum machine, like the sp series (dont have much to spend), or a mv or mpc, or something else.. or am i better off just using effects in FL to get the best sound and workflow.. ?

I hate to tell you but changing machines or software is not going to help you to learn to blend and layer drums. It will change your workflow but the other will take you actually having to learn it or start with better drums. I don't use FL anymore but it's not bad. I would stick with what you have for now unless you really want to get serious and then possibly look at changing to something better, otherwise spend more time learning to layer, eq, filter, etc.

I hate to tell you but changing machines or software is not going to help you to learn to blend and layer drums. It will change your workflow but the other will take you actually having to learn it or start with better drums. I don't use FL anymore but it's not bad. I would stick with what you have for now unless you really want to get serious and then possibly look at changing to something better, otherwise spend more time learning to layer, eq, filter, etc.
What he said.

But if you want a hardware feel, that basically operates like a daw, get the mv, for the price they go for, and what they're capable of, it's a steal.

Some people respond better to different workflows so I think it's worth exploring other options. And since it sounds like you're interested in a hardware-style workflow yet you've been working with software, I would highly recommend looking at Native Instruments Maschine.

Back