Rap vocals mix [f4f soundcloud]

shiwimofo

What up guys, been at this for about 10 years, just wanted to get some feedback on some recordings for my vocals. Much appreciated!

the 2nd song u onn, on that 1 good sh!t , instead of i keep growing up , i was hearing i keep blowing up that would of sound better but overall nice werk bro keep it up, the vocals are nice '

Last edited:
I think it's good. I like the first one. I may have wanted the vocals on the second one up like, a db. That's it. Or maybe just make them punchier. But a lot of it came through very clean. Can't tell what you did for delays/reverb, but maybe it could use a bit of that. It definitely sounds like you're not in the same room as the beat, so to speak. But it comes through clean. It's not too harsh, but I can still tell when you say S's, and that's good. I really like the first one. That's a good mix to me. It's good that you're thinking about mixing. Try not to think about gear, just in case that's creeping into your mind. Using a U87 isn't gonna necessarily make something more entertaining, it will just give you a more hi-fi recording of a meh performance, and you got a good delivery.

And if you ever doubt your mix...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFkDiLKdUvo

And now he's one of the most famous rappers on the planet.

Last edited:
Back