Question about buying sample packs

Whitelexluger

Say you go to a website like loopmasters and buy a sample pack. Are all the samples yours? Do you have the freedom to use them knowing no one else has them? Or does the website keep the pack and sell it to other people as well?

Say you go to a website like loopmasters and buy a sample pack. Are all the samples yours? Do you have the freedom to use them knowing no one else has them? Or does the website keep the pack and sell it to other people as well?

Unless they specify that the samples are royalty free, someone owns the right's to the samples. In which case you would have to pay money to clear the sample, before you can make money off of said samples. PRO Hip Hop Drum Kits, Sounds, Samples & Loops has a disclaimer saying all there sample kits are royalty free, I'm sure others do as well. Just be careful, a song could get a lot of attention and those uncleared samples will come back to bite you in the ass.

Most samples bought off a web-site would be sold to multiple people, i.e., many people will have exactly the same samples as you do. Mostly, the deal is that you would be able to use the samples your music (commerical or otherwise) without paying any additional fee, but you are not allowed to re-sell them as samples. However, you should read the license agreement to be sure. I think if you want samples that no-one else has, you likely have to pay considerably more and probably negotiate directly with the producers

Unless they specify that the samples are royalty free, someone owns the right's to the samples. In which case you would have to pay money to clear the sample, before you can make money off of said samples. PRO Hip Hop Drum Kits, Sounds, Samples & Loops has a disclaimer saying all there sample kits are royalty free, I'm sure others do as well. Just be careful, a song could get a lot of attention and those uncleared samples will come back to bite you in the ass.

I've never seen a sample cd that had non royalty-free samples. If they aren't royalty free, then what are you paying for?

It's available to everyone who buys the cd. You'll really hear those samples in commercials and reality shows. As a teenager I used to buy em from Big Fish Audio Loops, Download Loops, Drum Loops, Sample Packs, Royalty Free Loops and Virtual Instruments until I replaced them with vinyl. They're too damn expensive and you can buy crates of vinyl for the price of one cd.

Last edited:
Back