padKontrol problem

quasilib

for some reason, three of my pads aren't working now...the last time I used it, I wasn't having this problem, and it's just been sitting there since...the three pads light up fine so I know they're not physically damaged or anything like that but they just won't trigger...for example, the little midi light in FL doesn't light up when I hit those three, but it's fine for everything else (and obviously, everything else plays as normally)...I tried reinstalling the driver but I'm still having the issue, any idea what may be wrong or what I should check?

Sounds like it's not transmitting MIDI data for those pads. Try the factory reset procedure and if that doesn't work, consider it broken. I've heard that they break often.

No, they don't break often. I've owned two. Spilled a 2 liter of soda ALL OVER one of them, and all I had to do was take it apart and clean all of the parts and put it back together. They're very reliable devices. It's the cheap nanoPADs that have the poor reputation.

From my experience cleaning and putting mine back together, I've learned that the only time you have a "non-functional" pad is when the light does NOT come on when you hit it. If the light IS coming on, check to make sure that your MIDI channel is set up properly, make sure that it's sending a note value rather than a CC, etc.

What are the settings and parameters for the three pads?

If the light IS coming on, check to make sure that your MIDI channel is set up properly, make sure that it's sending a note value rather than a CC, etc.

What are the settings and parameters for the three pads?

how can I go about checking those things? sorry, I'm somewhat new to it and it doesn't help that I haven't used it in a while either haha

how can I go about checking those things? sorry, I'm somewhat new to it and it doesn't help that I haven't used it in a while either haha

I could explain, but the manual covers it in a better way than I could:

http://korg.com/uploads/Support/KPC1_OM_EFG3_633656794177560000.pdf

---------- Post added 09-27-2011 at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-05-2011 at 08:33 PM ----------

Hit "setting", and hit one of your three pads in question. That gets you the settings of whichever pad you hit. At any time during this process, you can check the settings of other pads by hitting them to active their settings panels.

Now, make sure that one of your "broken" pads is active and hit the "NOTE/CC#" button to check which note or CC is being sent by the pad. Spin the settings dial if you need to change it -- keep it as a note rather than a CC for troubleshooting purposes. In the same region, hit the "MIDI CH" button. Make sure the pad in question is on MIDI channel 1 (or whatever MIDI channel your other pads are transmitting). Finally, hit The "PORT" button. Once again, match this pad's port setting to the port settings on your working pads.

Hit "setting" again to get out of settings mode. Test your results.

Are you SURE the settings knob comes off like that? the top assignable knobs come off easily by pulling up but it doesnt seem like the settings wheel is budging and i dont want to break it. I ordered one of those stick on skins from StyleFlip.com and its got to go on under the knob.

Are you SURE the settings knob comes off like that? the top assignable knobs come off easily by pulling up but it doesnt seem like the settings wheel is budging and i dont want to break it. I ordered one of those stick on skins from StyleFlip.com and its got to go on under the knob.

I've spilled a full 2-liter of soda on one of my padKONTROLs. Twice. I'm clumsy sometimes.

Took it apart completely both times to clean it and get it working properly again.

Long story short: I'm certain. It does, however, require more force than the two other knobs. Don't worry. You won't break it.

Back