Nord Rack 2x setup help

mixerman

clavia-nord-rack-2x-222672.jpg

NORD RACK 2X HELP..?

Ok, I need help for years I've used software not I'm coming over to the hardware side and I know there are a lot of cleaver producers on here what I'm trying to do Is setup an home studio with a mixture of hardware but what I would like to do is uses this nord rack 2x within a sequence software so I can pick a synth on my pc for examples Synth lead and draw in the midi I'm using live 9 software but I need to workout how to set it up to be read within in live9 via midi I already have a motu express usb, and Yamaha mox6 how do you sync a nord to a pc so you can load synth patches with names..?

I'm stuck tried looking on youtube nothing much on there

pc -> interface -> MIDI OUT -> Nord MIDI IN
Nord -> MIDI OUT -> Interface MIDI IN -> PC

Nord -> Audio Out -> Interface Audio IN -> PC

pc -> interface -> MIDI OUT -> Nord MIDI IN
Nord -> MIDI OUT -> Interface MIDI IN -> PC

Nord -> Audio Out -> Interface Audio IN -> PC

I think my soundcard might be the problem, I have an Emu sound it doesn't have any midi inputs so stereo jacks only

I have an Midi Motu Express Usb device, but couldn't work out how to get the thing to work I might look at a new soundcard with midi inputs whats the best soundcard on the market for professional recordings

I have an Midi Motu Express Usb device, but couldn't work out how to get the thing to work I might look at a new soundcard with midi inputs whats the best soundcard on the market for professional recordings

that is subjective but theyre in the 5k+ range..

anyway you have a midi express which will be invaluable to you if you plan on continuing to add external gear.
im assuming you have the motu midi express 128 or xt.

simply plug it in via usb to your computer, then set midi in and out to your nord. then within your software you chose the corresponding midi channels

yes its the 128 usb, I might look into get a better soundcard so I think I'll read more of the reviews on this website first

yes its the 128 usb, I might look into get a better soundcard so I think I'll read more of the reviews on this website first

I have the same motu, plug the USB into your laptop, then plug the Midi out of your nord into the MIDI IN 1 port on the back of the motu, and then plug the midi in of your Nord into the MIDI OUT 1 port on the back of the motu.

plug the audio output of your nord into the input on your soundcard

then load ableton and go into midi preferences and make sure the motu is actived, it should show up as 8 separate ports under the Midi ports sections.

then just start a new midi track in your project and go to Instruments > External instrument , then set the Midi To - to the motu's channel 1

set the "audio from" to the input channel on your soundcard that you plugged the nord into

you should now be able to control and hear the playback of the nord

Back