New Apogee Duet 2 = Incredibly Sexy

Inverted314

BOOM BAP OR DIE
Damn, they made this thing sweet. The graphics display looks awesome.
Nice to see they went to USB instead of Firewire. I know some won't like that, and while I do like Firewire, considering how much Apple seems to be letting firewire go (especially with their new thunderport) and the fact that the regular Macbook doesn't have firewire, I think they will sell much more. I got stuck with the original unibody macbook with no firewire, so for people like me this thing will sell a ton. I'm not happy to see the price go up to $599 though. At that price I would REALLY be having a second look at the extra $150 for the RME Babyface.

I think this would be MUCH better value if it had spdif for preamp expansion. $600 for a 2 in interface is EXPENSIVE. But; so is the Mac you have to own to use it so I guess they will sell a ton for the $$$=Better crowd.

duet2-paneltour.jpg

Apogee Duet 2 - 2 IN x 4 OUT USB audio interface

i'm exchanging my Duet that i bought last month and exchange it for the Duet 2.:victory:

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

i'm exchanging my Duet that i bought last month and exchange it for the Duet 2.:victory:

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

It's definitely a nice interface, and I'm sure it sounds great. The only thing I don't like is you can get a 8 preamp Focusrite or Presonus rack for less. I think it should at least stay at $499.

Did you see the breakout box option? I remember seeing an aftermarket one for the regular Duet, so I guess Apogee figured they better take that business lol. Now I wonder if Apogee plans to re-do the One. I've been looking at getting one for a while; although the Duet 2 would be nice to own.

duet2-breakoutbox.jpg

Apogee is all Hype especially the Duet. Give me some data what converters they use. I didn't find any. I think they use cheap (quite ok) converters and put em
in a good looking box and misinformed people buy it. I would rather buy a MOTU Ultralite mk3 for the same amount of money.

they only write: A/D and D/A conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
cool but how many db/s do they have....there are lots of interfaces with 24/192

Last edited:
Back