Need Help With MPC 4000 And Syncing Fantom G8

The MPC 4000 is the Sequencer/Master.I have two RKR studio Monitors those are going into the 4000.I have the Fantom G8 Midi out going into the 4000 and the 4000 outs going into the G8. I have the G8 R/L line
going into the MPC MIC In L/R.

Now my goal is to have a drum track layered inside my MPC playing. Start a new track inside the MPC go over to the G8 and play those sounds directly into my MPC,and finish my track with the Fantom sounds. I wanna hear the MPC Metronome as well.

Can someone please help with the setup and settings inside both or one.

You have to go to the MIDI/SYNC settings on your MPC. Set the Sync In & Sync Out to correspond to the midi ports that your midi cable is connected to. I'm not sure about the Fantom but it should be similar. The speakers are connected to the 4000? You're gonna need to set it to Input Thru so you can hear the sounds comin from the Fantom. You should be able to use the Fantom as a sound module w/ 16 midi tracks on the MP..

Last edited:
What Im trying to do is that something that can be done?
I hate this shit

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

What Im trying to do is that something that can be done?
I hate this shit
Does Akai Have any tech support

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Inside the MPC (sync) it has MODE off,midi clock,miditime clock,and smpte which one should i choose?
Also Receieve Midi Machine Control off or on?

Inside the MPC (sync) it has MODE off,midi clock,miditime clock,and smpte which one should i choose?
Also Receieve Midi Machine Control off or on?

Idk, try everything if you have to.. Midi Clock should be on. I just Google'd it & there ain't much about it. I'd try using it as a sound module. Can you set sounds on the Fantom to a specific midi channel? & did you get the Input Thru workin? Otherwise you'll need a mixer.. & yes, it can be done.. Even if Akai got support I'm pretty sure they won't be much help..

Can you go to youtube and look at Havoc making a beat on the MPC 4000?
I think he's using a Mixer also. Im trying to get the G8 to track directly into the 4 I might need a mixer for that.
But no i didint get the THRU figured out its a pain.If you can help i use I could send you a donation.

Can you go to youtube and look at Havoc making a beat on the MPC 4000?
I think he's using a Mixer also. Im trying to get the G8 to track directly into the 4 I might need a mixer for that.
But no i didint get the THRU figured out its a pain.If you can help i use I could send you a donation.

I've seen the video.. As much as I'd appreciate the donation I'm not sittin right next to you so my help is limited. I'd suggest you see if the Fantom has an input thru function before you go buyin a mixer. I actually have one I'm not usin but like I said too bad I'm not right next to you.. I searched & found out the 4000 doesn't have input thru. So try with the Fantom. Do you know how to use either of them? You should check out the Fantom's manual & see if you can set sounds to midi channels. Nigga help me help you..

Back