mv8000

statixx

Rapper / Producer
wassup everyone, i think i wana make the switch from software too hardware. ofcorse logicaly at first i did mad research on mpcs.....lookin for the pros and cons too each model. in the end i decided that the mpc 1000 with jj os looks like my best bet.......but as of lately.......now i havent seen many just a few here and there for sale. but every now and then ill see mv8000 for sale on CL for like 700. im wondering if that might be a better deal then say gettin a mpc1000 for like 600.

obviously the mv8000 has wayyyyy more features then a mpc 1k.....but i wana hear all the pros and cons too this machine.

so far i pick up that people think the mv is a little over kill. mpc users are stern on saying that though the mv is a nice box you cant get that swing feel like you would with a mpc. ive also read that people sa it tends to run slowly now
and then.

some of the pros that appeal to me is users compare the workflow on a mv8000 more too the work flow on a daw based system as then like hardware. i take it there are lots of fx and extra features that come with the mv which people call 'overkill' but i think maybe if i learn to utlize alot of it. then it could be cool right? i also like the fact that you can hook it up to a computer monitor. o yea did i mention 40 gb harddrive?

i wana hear from some MPC and MV users and what ur take on which might be suited best for me.

Last edited:
no mv 8 users in the house huh? i could take my question over too mvnation. i just wanted to try and get a un bias response first.

igot an 8000, its agood machine, REAL GOOD, all iculd say. in the mv uculd get swing and also make ur own swing, the problem is that most ppl get overwhelmed by the mv because it has so much features, if ur going to get it stick with it and learn it, read the manuals, ikno of many ppl that regretted selling their mv and of course bought it back. bt also ugotta know what ureally need, the mv is more compared to the 4000 than the 1000 even with jjos, and it has a particular sound also, it colors sound in musical way(sorta sound like an old sampler and uculd get it sounding as fat or degraded as uwant) lets jus say the machine has its own character. plus they are going so cheap nowadays igot imine for 550 on CL, the guy didnt know how to use it lol, he kept complaining about timing issues, bt peep this when iwas trying it out imade adrum sequence and adjusted the qauntize and bam he was shocked that mv played my drums exactly how isequenced it, theres nothing wrong with timing, jus overlooked and ppl dnt wanna find out how to fix let alone has used 1...bt spend time with gear, go to guitar center or any local music store and play with both(they would most likely have the 8800) bt its the same machine the 8800 jus has more effects color screen, and afew other things bt nothing major. ilike the 8000 because it has the floppy drive(unever kno what u'll find with old floppys)...umay not use the features of the mv at first but as ur skills and production level grows the machine grows with u, i'd say if ujus want instant satisfaction get the mpc and bang some pads, bt if uwant amachine that will grow with u get the mv and learn it, STUDY THE MANUAL, theres so much **** ifound in the manual and has improved my productions and understanding of production, another thing, when the machine gets overwhelming take breaks learn other sides of productions, read other forums on production and then come back to it, i've had my mv for amonth(been using em for over a year tho) and i've took 3breaks and icant tell uhow much it helped me and iappreciate this machine even more now, some features ithought i;d never use or thought was useless iuse em now lol, srry for the rant bt ijus really love this machine, it was complicated at first bt itook alil time to learn it(didnt take long jus have alil patience) and now ilove it, and the thing is that iknow istill haven't even touched most of its capabilities, this jus shows u wat amachine this is, to me if uwant areal good sampler with pads its either the mv or the 4000............hope ihelped

Last edited:
thanx for the reply bro. im a pretty seasoned producer so i think i can step up to the learning curve of this machine quickly. i been emailing offers cats all over the nation in craiglist. i like that it has a lot of features. i have a midi keyboard so i know i could hook that up too it to play its preset sounds it has too offer. i know about mvnation.com i been watching youtubes on the MV like crazy. ive read up on cats talking about the timing being off because they didnt have there quantize set correctly. if i dont get a mpc1k for like a dirt cheap price. ima definitly get a MV.

its not that i think hardware or software is better then one another...........just diffrent....i wana own both!..... like i said im a seasoned producer on the daw end of things....but i wana be more well rounded. i wana be able to go too another cats spot and work with whatever type of set up they may be working with.

no problem anytime, its always good to use both software and hardware, with hardware uhave somthings ucant get or do directly in software and vice versa...with the mv uculd make ur own patch presets, go on youtube and type in creator project by mesaone, he explains this. bt like isaid try em both out first and choose which 1 ufind most comfortable...

i just found a mv in mint condition for 450 i think thats like a must buy right? even if i find i dont like it i can definitly flip it later on.

deff get that right away, ithought ihad agood deal, thats asteal right there, uculd prolly talk him down to 430 or 420, bt i'd say if udnt like it jus hold on to it till its rare and ppl realize what kind of machine it is, uculd make afortune in the future, im lookin for an 8800 myself jus in case it becomes alegendary machine in the future, sorta like the mpc 60s usee and sp1200s usee them goin for apretty penny nowadays

Last edited:
i just found a mv in mint condition for 450 i think thats like a must buy right? even if i find i dont like it i can definitly flip it later on.

If it's the 8800 jump on it. If it's the 8000 find out if it has the VGA output. I've never even used the screen on mine. ALWAYS run it out to the monitor. :) It's so much better.

Back